My partner and I have stayed at this resort on numerous occasions. We stayed here recently and were not impressed to say the least. We have stayed in multiple resorts across the country and this resort seems to be the only resort within the 4.5 star range that gets the little things wrong on repeated occasions without any interest in resolving them.
The rating of this "Resort" is 4.5 star so the Resort itself is setting a very high expectation for its patrons, especially given the price point charged to patrons. The Resort by no means meets this standard. If the rating of the resort was lower, maybe patrons would be a little more forgiving. We expected the resort to have improved since being taken over by Ramada, but unfortunately this was not the case.
1. Our bed was not made on the second day. The house keeping staff member came in to change the towels and replace ins, but unfortunately omitted to make the bed. This is a part of the basic service that they advertise on their own sticker near the kitchen inside the room. We arrived home later this night so just made the bed ourselves in the end.
2. Lap pool & steam room not working. When we reported this to Reception they became aggressive and provided us the line that it's not within their control as it's a part of the Lattouf Hair Salon facility. At the end of the day it’s a part of the Ramada complex and Ramada's website itself advertises the fact that a Spa facility is available. This is false advertising. Staff were uncaring about these facilities not being functional and nor were we told they were not functional when making a booking.
Overall, the majority of the staff are very friendly but they are not empowered to resolve patrons complaints. We will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shoal Bay Resort & Spa is the ultimate beachfront Resort perfect for romantic escapes, family holidays, pamper weekends, beach getaways, weddings, special events and meetings and business. Shoal Bay lays by the entrance to Port Stephens, overlooking the white sands and the magnificent volcanic Tomaree headlands. Boasting crystal clear waterways and extensive National Park with unspoiled bushland, Shoal Bay is certainly one of New South Wales most stunning destinations. Just 2.5 hr drive north of Sydney and 30mins from Newcastle, this award winning Resort offers a diverse range of accommodation styles and options to suit a variety of budgets and can accommodate up to 700 guests. Accommodation ranges from Standard Studios through to Waterview, Beachfront and Bayview rooms with a choice of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments located across 7 accommodation buildings. The Resort features 4 restaurants including the award winning Catch at Shoal Bay, 5 bars, the iconic Country Club Hotel, Occie’s Kids Club (operating throughout NSW School Holidays periods), Shoal Bay Resort Store, Whitesands Conference Centre, an outdoor heated Resort pool with children’s wading area and complimentary secure undercover parking. Relax at the Aqua Spa wellbeing sanctuary for adults (min 16 yrs+) offering a true Thalassotherapy experience for guests through the 3 mineral spa pools and 25m heated lap pool. Take yourself on a journey to revive your mind, body and soul, indulge in a range of menu treatments that enhance the total well being and surrender to the experience of products that will relax, de-stress and energise you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Resort Shoal Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoal Bay Hotel Shoal Bay