The first impression was amazing! - great rooms, great views, space...
However, our much awaited fmaily vacation went downhill due to a few little things:
- we clearly indicated that we'll be 6, but there were beds enough only for 5. My daughter compalined that she was cold the whole night as the blanket was too small.
- children were looking forward to the swimming pool, but it is on quite a tight schedule and they could enjoy it only at a specific time.
- what was worse though is the fact that when we wanted to try out the jacuzzi/shower, the water was barely warm ( probably a reflection of too many people using hot water at that specific hour?)...so no spa for us
- we had to wait for our dinner to arrive for more than an hour, which is probably OK in an adult world, but our children certainly did not appreciate that.
- I had to wait 30 minutes to check out
All in all, we would have absolutely loved it IF not for seemingly little things that matter.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally an 18th-century Lakeland farmhouse, Embleton Spa Hotel is a relaxed, informal hotel with delightful en-suite rooms, suites and apartments. The Embleton Spa Hotel boasts on site swimming pool, steam room and gym. Each contemporary room/apartment features en suite bathrooms. Most have stunning fell views across the valley. All rooms offer high quality 100% Egyptian cotton linen and large, soft towels. Free Wifi, TV, tea/coffee making facilities, Hair Dryer and Iron are also provided. A laundry service is available.We can accommodate a cot or an extra bed for children in most of our rooms. Many of our rooms also accept dogs. Please inform us when you booking and we will do our best to accommodate you.Using ingredients from local farms, our expert chefs serve traditional Cumbrian food. Enjoy your meal in front of an open fire, or on the terrace looking out over the fells. All rooms include full Cumbrian breakfast. Ideal for exploring the beautiful Lake District, Bassenthwaite Lake is just 3 miles away. Keswick and Cockermouth are just 10 minutes away by car.Leisure facilities include a pool, steam room and gym. Use of the pool, steam room and gym are included in room rates. The pool and steam room are available subject to a timetable, as they are also used for members and classes at certain times during the day. The gym is available all day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Embleton Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embleton Hotel Embleton
- Embleton Spa Hotel Cumbria