My wife and I stayed at the Six Senses Laamu in April. Although it is quite a trek getting to the resort, it was worth it. When we arrived in Male, we were greeted by staff from the resort. The staff member assisted us with check in to our domestic flight. After a short hop to Laamu and boat ride, we were welcomed to the resort by management, and introduced to our Gem.
Initially, for privacy, we had hoped to be on Jetty C, but were advised we'd be staying at the end of Jetty A. Our Gem assured us we'd like the villa. He was right, it was awesome!! We had an unobstructed view of the Indian Ocean, and plenty of privacy to relax in peace. An easy swim took us to the edge of the reef for some nice snorkeling.
We were on the half board meal plan. Its a good option, with plenty of good food to choose from. Our Gem told the chef that my wife is a vegetarian and he prepared meals that were not listed on the menu. That was a nice touch.
For us, the only downer was the dive shop. Even though we brought our own equipment, and only needed tanks and weights, it was over-the-top expensive. The diving and guides were just OK. Even a shore dive without a guide was expensive. We've dived all over the world, and this was the first place were felt it wasn't worth the expense. We spent most of our time snorkeling the resorts reef.
Overall, we had an amazing time at Six Senses Laamu.
We rode Emirates to and from the Maldives. On our way back to the US, we spent a couple of nights in Dubai. A must, if you have a stop over in Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolphins spin all along the shores of Six Senses Laamu, located in the pristine Laamu Atoll. From Male’ Airport, it is just a forty minute flight along the beautiful Maldivian coastline followed by a short speed boat trip. Offering 97 villas, both overwater and on the beach, and an abundance of dining options, water sports, spa and other great activities. Service is second to none with your butler overseeing every need from arrival to departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Six Senses Laamu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Laamu Hotel Olhuveli Island
- 6 Senses Laamu
- Six Senses Laamu Laamu Atoll, Maldives