“Wonderful weekend in the Cotswolds”

Willowside House & Farm
Willowside House & Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Withington B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Wonderful weekend in the Cotswolds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was in the UK for business for two weeks, and had a long weekend to spend anywhere; as I was visiting customers near Swindon/Bath/Northampton/Birmingham, I chose the Cotswolds and stumbled across this gem on hotels.com. Wow, did I hit the jackpot! Willowside is a farm with a beautifully renovated farmhouse, and is the home of the lovely Jane and David who went out of their way to make me feel at home from the first moment.

The room itself was gorgeous, airy, and the bed supremely comfy (I kept sleeping late because I was sleeping so well!) but the best was the enormous sunny bathroom with a tub for soaking (which I did twice after long countryside walks). David made a huge, delicious breakfast every morning, and Jane had lovely cakes and tea every afternoon. Their knowledge of the local area is unparalleled and the activities they recommended were spot on, from local walks to food to shopping, even a massage!

Jane and David looked after me in every way possible, and when the weekend was over I definitely did NOT want to leave. Fortunately the location is very convenient to lots of big cities so I didn't have to drive far to see my customers (only about 1 hr, and the house is 15-20 mins to the motorway). I couldn't have asked for a better weekend break to forget about business for awhile. Oh, and the wifi is super fast for those who can't detach themselves from work :-)

I can't wait to come back again soon and feed the hens, walk through the village and meet the newborn lambs!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have just finished a short one night break at Willowside. Jane and David were really welcoming and from our arrival made the stay extremely special. They are quite rightly very proud of both the farm and surrounding areas and their enthusiasm and knowledge of Cheltenham in particular was really appreciated. A welcoming cup of tea and shortbread and a fantastic breakfast were provided and we were made to feel 'at home' immediately. A beautiful, tranquil location run by special people. Recommended to all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mollymook, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We have just finished a 3 night stay at Willowside farm. We had such a relaxing time using it as a base to explore the Cotswolds. Jane and David were so welcoming and helpful with many suggestions for places to visit in the surrounding areas. The breakfast was delicious- thanks David!
We were lucky enough to arrive just after 'lambing' had finished, and we helped Jane feed the baby lambs! Certainly a highlight of our holiday!
The room was quiet and clean, the house was beautiful and very homely. We had our own rental car which allowed us freedom to explore at our own pace. Our highlights were afternoon tea at Stow-On-The-Wold and Warwick Castle (both suggested by David).
We highly recommend this beautiful B & B and hope to return the next time we are in the UK!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My son and I were fortunate enough to spend two days in the Cotswolds at Willowside mid November. As I arrived alone from France, before my son, our host was kind enough to pick me up at the train station. My son arrived later by car from London.
The house lies secluded and tranquil away from the Maddening Crowds of summer Cotswolds tourists, in a small Hamlet, with a sweeping view over the buccolic countryside.
A former farmhouse, it has been tastefully renovated, with understated luxury, and offers all the advantages of a modern home, with state of the art bathrooms and excellent heating and bedding, whilest maintaining the patina and cozyness of a historic lodge.
Dinner was elegantly served in the Georgian dinning room, preceded by drinks by the fireside in the drawing room. The pheasant was the most tender I have ever tasted, so I left with the special receipe, since this is a meat I have never before enjoyed, because always found a bit dry. The only drawback to the desert was that it couldn't have been slimming, but as we know, if it is good it is either "immoral, illegal or fattening", and it was very good indeed! I can reinterate the same about the breakfast, served in the large family room/kitchen, which has a great bar and sitting area with wifi.
For the other meal, we went to the nearby pub/wine store, and were definitely not disappointed.

Returning to the Cotswolds, I would not stay elsewhere, as when one has found a second home, why search further?

Room Tip: We were the only guests staying at Willowside those days, so our hostess, Jane, kindly showed us the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed 2 nights with friends at williowside house over the August bank holiday weekend.
The view was beautiful and it was very peaceful. David and Jane made us feel very welcome and the place was clean and tidy with a homely feel to it. David does cook the most amazing breakfast. :.)
We would definitely stay over again,:.)

• Stayed October 2012
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed two nights with our young son, to attend Fairford Airshow. Accommodation Immaculate, wonderful breakfast,right in the heart of the Cotswold countryside with a large safe garden for kids to let of steam in. Just heavenly. WE WILL BE Back!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Set in the tiny quiet village of Withington, Willowside House ticks all the boxes - large comfortable rooms and splendid breakfasts together with a warm and friendly welcome from mine hosts Jane and David. Lots to go and see around Withington from country walks to sightseeing in Bibury, Cheltenham and [just a little further to go] Tewkesbury. The only tiny gripe is that payment cannot be made on credit cards - only cash or pre-payment - though this is made clear when booking.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Been to Willowside House & Farm? Share your experiences!