“The best Falafel Baguette I’ve ever had!”
Review of The Eating House

The Eating House
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Calver
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at The Eating House we believe in offering high quality food in a homely, cosy environment. Whether you love traditional British fayre or have a taste for something more modern you will find something to delight your taste buds on our menu.
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We called in on Bank Holiday Monday for a lunch. My son ordered the Falafel Baguette which he said was the best he had ever tasted...and he’s had quite a few.
We often pop in here for lunch and it’s got a great choice of salads, sandwiches and fantastic cakes...I wish the stocked Belvoir Fruit Farms Presses tho, we don’t really like the ones they have!!
Otherwise, it’s great.

1  Thank 123FC2014

Reviewed 1 August 2018

I reviewed this place before after a not so great experience but visited again yesterday with friends and am happy to report a much more enjoyable time with much friendlier service and staff who looked happy to be there. Food was lovely and we all said what a nice place it was...we definitely will be returning to eat again now rather than just visit the amazing gift shop. The lemon drizzle cake is the stuff of dreams!

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We visited The Eating House for Breakfast at 9am as we were camping round the corner. My husband had the full English breakfast and I had the Vegan breakfast. Both were absolutely amazing (best vegan breakfast I’ve ever had). The staff were also so friendly. One waitress cane and filled up my husbands coffee and offered me another pot of tea. (Free refills)
The vegan menu was extensive for breakfast and lunch. They also had a huge selection if vegan cakes, one of which I had as a takeaway. They also had a coeliac menu, kids menu and takeaway menu. They pretty much cater for everyone!
It got busier as we were leaving so a really popular little place!
I’m sure we will visit again when we’re in the area!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Decided to go for a cuppa after walking around the excellent craft shop. I was amazed to be offered the choice of 5 Gluten Free cakes. It took me a while to decide what to choose to eat. I had the date and walnut cake which was delicious, you would never know it was gluten free. I then decided to take a slice of 2 other cakes home with me. Credit to the person who bakes the cakes. It was nice to have a good range to choose from instead of having only chocolate brownies to choose from (it’s an gluten free joke!!!). They also offered a very good gluten free menu of snacks and meals. Will definitely be back.

2  Thank producelady45
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Great service, helpful and speedy. Great coffee, tremendous choice of cakes and salads. Cold water a plenty too! Gorgeous