“Wonderful!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Trosa
Stockholm, Sweden
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I'm staying here as I write and am very pleased with this hotel experience.

Mind you, Trosa Stadshotell is not cheap, just as most things in Trosa, and I'm lucky to be on a business trip where everything is arranged. But this hotel is so pretty and cozy that I wouldn't mind spending a spa weekend here on my own.

As Trosa is a very small town, the hotel is easy to find and centrally located.
It's got single rooms, doubles and suites, a spa and gym and a bar/restaurant area, outdoor seating included.

My room, number 105, is pretty, very clean and comfortable. The decor details are a bit shabby chic, which I personally love! I've got a double bed with lots of pillows, a nice sitting area and a desk with chair. The bathroom is spotlessly clean, hot water at all times, soap and shampoo provided. There's no minibar in my room, but a flat screen TV, a wardrobe, nightstands and a bench. This room is more than enough for one person, I'm very comfortable.

Breakfast is served from 7 in the morning and both my colleagues and I loved it. Great selection of bread, butter, cheese, ham, marmalade, cereal, yoghurt, juices, vegetables, pickles, coffee, tea and more. Boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and bacon as well!

I've used the gym and loved it. It's not high season so the hotel is quiet and no one was there.

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and the reception is closed at that time. But the keys were waiting for us and we had been given a code for the front door.

Some of the packages the hotel offers include spa treatment. Ours didn't and there's a fee if you wish to enter the area without having booked the spa in advance.

All in all, a very nice stay. I'd recommend this hotel if you wish to treat yourself a little.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Norrköping Sweden
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

This is my second time at Trosa Stadshotell in a year. I went here with a friend for a girlie spa-retreat a few months back and was so pleased that I decided to return with my husband.

The hotel is located in the centre of quaint little Trosa.

The hotel rooms are pretty and all newly decorated in different styles. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice and quiet. As we ordered a spa-package we were given slippers and big fluffy robes which was really nice.

The staff were all very professional and friendly all the time. When staying with my friend we had a little complaint about our room and the reception staff instantly gave us a new room without loosing their friendly attitude.

Last time we booked an afternoon tea during our stay and it was delicious. If it's available when you go there make sure to order it. Unfortunately it wasn't available on my second trip.

The spa treatments we tried were really good. The staff seemed very professional and the treatment rooms were beautifully decorated. The communal spa pools and saunas were nice too.

On both trips we ordered the set dinner menu from the restaurant and the food was great. Wonderful food and nice wines to go with it. Breakfast was great too.

I would definitely recommend the hotel. It's pretty, romantic and relaxing and the food is great.

• Stayed January 2013
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Wonderful old fashion-style small hotel. Pretty rooms. Nice staff. Good food. Nice garden to sit in (or have your breakfast in). Cannot find any bad things to say about this hotel, all the guests at the wedding loved it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor has quite small windows, otherwise they are quite similar.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Stadshotell is very nicely appointed hotel in the pretty little town of Trosa. Service was excellent and the overall atmosphere very welcoming indeed. We had 2 connecting rooms that were nice, light and airy. Both the town and the hotel are quiet so sleeping was no problem. Best of all, the manager got us a table for dinner without a booking in their restaurant which was pretty much full.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Greifswald
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel is absolutely amazing! Perfect location (which is not difficult in little Trosa), friendly service, wonderful rooms, delicious breakfast. I spent two nights in Trosa on a business trip and I regret, that it wasn´t more. All rooms are cosy and individually designed, with very good taste and lovely details. My bed was perfect, I slept wonderful. Everything is clean. The breakfast offers a huge variety of delicious things, plan enough time to enjoy. And the terrace is a great place to sit, also in the night. Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had a delicious dinner in the hotel restaurant, a good sleep in a comfortable room and a full breakfast in the morning. Choose this one.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Myself and Ulrica stayed in this hotel for one night 14th October 2011. Upon arrival we were greeted extremely well. We stayed in a standard double room which was very clean with a good sized bathroom and basically all you could need.

Whilst the rooms are quite small which is common by Swedish standards we really could not have wanted more for the short time we stayed there and the layout of the hotel is very cosy and romantic and well furnished.

The hotel has a great bar which also allows you to sit in the reception area next to an open log fire and consume drinks and light snacks. Whilst we did not eat in the hotel the food being served look very good.

Pricing was a little on the high side but you need to remember that the location within the town of Trosa is second to none and that Sweden is not a budget location to travel.

We paid 1,960 Kr which is about £200 per night including self service breakfast for 2 which was excellent minus drinks which were reasonably priced compared to local bars etc.

We will definitely be staying here again and makes a perfect getaway for a romantic weekend break.

Trosa is approximately 1 hours drive from Stockholm main airport.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard double room but next time I will stay in one of the larger suites. They also...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trosa
Bomans Hotel in Trosa
#1 of 4 in Nynashamn
Hotel Torpa Pensionat
Hotel Torpa Pensionat
#2 of 4 in Sodertalje

Been to Trosa Stadshotell & Spa? Share your experiences!