Trosa Stadshotell & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Trosa
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked a romantic package for one night for our 10 years wedding anniversary. First surprise when we came, we were upgraded to their best suit which was both glamorous and confortable.
They really succeed to keep a very warm and traditional atmosphere
Hotel and restaurant staffs were always attentive, professional and eager to please us.
Dinner was fine with fantastic selection of wines

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VoyageurDuNord_01

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice but don't book treatment in the spa!! It's a waste of money. I had a gentleman treatment that last 10' less during which the supposed facial cleaning didn't actually take place. Finally they tried to sell me a number of products...

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank L G
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We booked the one-day romantic package (and included a whole-body massage) and the whole experience was close to perfection. The town itself, Trosa, also added to the pleasantness of this trip since it is a very picturesque and lovely small city south of Stockholm (just about an hour by car). The room we stayed in seemed to be newly refurbished but still keeping an old "retro" Swedish feeling. All our three meals (afternoon tea, 4-course dinner with a selection of wines, and breakfast) were really great. The spa is small but of high quality, and the massage was given by an experienced masseuse. So even if the "romantic package" is a bit pricey, it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I'm staying here as I write and am very pleased with this hotel experience.

Mind you, Trosa Stadshotell is not cheap, just as most things in Trosa, and I'm lucky to be on a business trip where everything is arranged. But this hotel is so pretty and cozy that I wouldn't mind spending a spa weekend here on my own.

As Trosa is a very small town, the hotel is easy to find and centrally located.
It's got single rooms, doubles and suites, a spa and gym and a bar/restaurant area, outdoor seating included.

My room, number 105, is pretty, very clean and comfortable. The decor details are a bit shabby chic, which I personally love! I've got a double bed with lots of pillows, a nice sitting area and a desk with chair. The bathroom is spotlessly clean, hot water at all times, soap and shampoo provided. There's no minibar in my room, but a flat screen TV, a wardrobe, nightstands and a bench. This room is more than enough for one person, I'm very comfortable.

Breakfast is served from 7 in the morning and both my colleagues and I loved it. Great selection of bread, butter, cheese, ham, marmalade, cereal, yoghurt, juices, vegetables, pickles, coffee, tea and more. Boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and bacon as well!

I've used the gym and loved it. It's not high season so the hotel is quiet and no one was there.

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and the reception is closed at that time. But the keys were waiting for us and we had been given a code for the front door.

Some of the packages the hotel offers include spa treatment. Ours didn't and there's a fee if you wish to enter the area without having booked the spa in advance.

All in all, a very nice stay. I'd recommend this hotel if you wish to treat yourself a little.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

This is my second time at Trosa Stadshotell in a year. I went here with a friend for a girlie spa-retreat a few months back and was so pleased that I decided to return with my husband.

The hotel is located in the centre of quaint little Trosa.

The hotel rooms are pretty and all newly decorated in different styles. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice and quiet. As we ordered a spa-package we were given slippers and big fluffy robes which was really nice.

The staff were all very professional and friendly all the time. When staying with my friend we had a little complaint about our room and the reception staff instantly gave us a new room without loosing their friendly attitude.

Last time we booked an afternoon tea during our stay and it was delicious. If it's available when you go there make sure to order it. Unfortunately it wasn't available on my second trip.

The spa treatments we tried were really good. The staff seemed very professional and the treatment rooms were beautifully decorated. The communal spa pools and saunas were nice too.

On both trips we ordered the set dinner menu from the restaurant and the food was great. Wonderful food and nice wines to go with it. Breakfast was great too.

I would definitely recommend the hotel. It's pretty, romantic and relaxing and the food is great.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Wonderful old fashion-style small hotel. Pretty rooms. Nice staff. Good food. Nice garden to sit in (or have your breakfast in). Cannot find any bad things to say about this hotel, all the guests at the wedding loved it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor has quite small windows, otherwise they are quite similar.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Stadshotell is very nicely appointed hotel in the pretty little town of Trosa. Service was excellent and the overall atmosphere very welcoming indeed. We had 2 connecting rooms that were nice, light and airy. Both the town and the hotel are quiet so sleeping was no problem. Best of all, the manager got us a table for dinner without a booking in their restaurant which was pretty much full.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trosa
Bomans Hotel & Restaurant in Trosa
#1 of 4 in Nynashamn
Agarden Gasthem
Agarden Gasthem
#1 of 3 in Trosa

Been to Trosa Stadshotell & Spa? Share your experiences!