“Awesome!”

Marco Pontuali Private Tours
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Manziana
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Marco knows his Rome like the back of his hand. We did a Vatican tour with him & although I had been to the Vatican before his knowledge seemed limitless. The next day we did a city tour and even though many sights were closed due to strike he still made the day exceptional! We highly recommend him.

Visited September 2012

Moncton, Canada
“When In Rome, Follow a Roman!”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Marco was the best guide I've experienced in 10 years of travel overseas. I booked a half day Vatican tour he advertises on Tours by Locals and I had him customize the half day tour of Ancient Rome to what I wanted to see, not what he normally includes in his offered tour. He was attentive to my questions and queries and followed my schedule, not his - meaning he stopped for a sit down break from all the walking when I wanted to and did not rush me to complete the tour. We stayed longer at site or on visits that I was more intersted in and very little at others that I wanted to see but did not want the history of the site or visit. He did not impose his very knowledgeable explanations if I was not interested in hearing them.

If you know what you want to see but don't like pre-packaged tours that include sites you don't want to visit, this is the way to go. I booked Marco on Tours by Locals.com and requested a customized tour of ancient Rome, to include sites and visits not in his half day tour. He was more than willing to accomodate and did not disappoint. Marco is a warm, knowledgeable person who cares about his clients first, and about his agenda second. I spent 8 hours with Marco discovering and sharing the Eternal City and it was a pleasure. I booked the tour for the first full day after my arrival in Rome and I'm glad I did. I was able to go back in the 8 other days I had in Rome to sites I wanted to explore on my own once I knew where and what they were from my tours with Marco.

Definitely worth every penny. And if you're not sure what to do for the others days you're in Rome, don't hesitate to ask Marco. He will suggest sites and day trips for you without trying to sell you his services. He is that helpfull. The saying goes "When in Rome, do as the Romans" but I say "When in Rome, follow a Roman!" Marco is a native of Rome and knows the Eternal City like no other.

Visited August 2012
Suffield, Connecticut
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Outstanding guide with a wide variety of talents and areas of expertise!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I recently completed my 8th tour with Marco Pontuali as a tour guide. These tours have included large student tours throughout Europe and more personal family tours in Italy. During all of these tours with Marco, he has been an extraordinary guide, filled with an enormous variety of knowledge about history, language, art, architecture, music, and culture. Marco also has a great facility with languages, and easily moves between English, Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese as he keeps everyone in a group involved and informed. His love of the regions in and surrounding Rome is very apparent when he guides you through the amazing Etruscan ruins and ceremonial grounds, or through the Vatican and Basilica. Marco uses interesting anecdotes to bring history and art alive, and the students with whom I have traveled have greatly appreciated his ability to make everything come alive. I strongly recommend Marco as a guide for any group, small or large, who wants a unique and personalized travel experience in Rome, Italy, or most of western Europe!

Visited March 2012
kitchener
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Marcos' expertise and professionalism maximized a very short two day pre-cruise stay a highlight.”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My wife , Tania and I, used Marcos' services in June of 2010 for two days prior to a cruise. In two days we experienced, a wonderful cooking class, a horseback ride and an extremely informative tour of the Vatican and surrounding area. Marco was able to maximize our urge to do as much as possible and add those little extra's that made this portion of our trip a highlight.
I would recommend Marco to anyone - solo or group, as the benefit of his easy going personality and obvious love of his country and his job are plainly evident.
We hope to return and spend more time as there is so much more to see.

Visited June 2011