Surf Tours Nicaragua
  • Pool
US$162
US$152
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthese guysoverlooking the beachgreat wavesdaily grindfriendly localshave a good timeother guestscentral americalook no furtherslice of paradisemy girlfriendcan't wait to go backgood vibescatching wavesmaking everyone feellocation is excellentbig waves
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just got back from here in March. I've been putting together a guy's trip every winter for the last few years . 6-8 of us from the East Coast of the USA looking for warm water. The group is mixed bag of surfers from beginners/novices to chargers and everything in between. Our focus has always been finding a place where we can show up with/need minimum gear, surf great waves that meet everyone's needs, eat good food and chilling when not in the water in a safe setting with no crowds. This place nails it on ALL points.

Alex, Greg, Kayla and the rest of the crew run a really nice place. The vibe is laid back, the place is well kept and clean, the food well prepared and more than adequate and the waves a stones throw away from a top-notch rancho overlooking the beach. We bought the Luxury Package which provided us access to the boat/van if we wanted to surf somewhere other than what was out front (of which there is a lot to choose from). I never felt like Greg and the crew were put out by our requests and always had great ideas on places to get good surf and when. We were over-surfed and over-fed every day.

We also really like how the Greg is completely geared into the local community. The camp is not just a place that 'gringos' come to spend money. It felt like he was making best efforts to keep local folks employed, integrated and busy busy doing what needed to be done while running a business well. Bravo, guys.

Food was excellent, drinks were cheap and plentiful, surfboard selection decent, good WWW access and if you wanted to get a world-class massage or get some yoga in to unwind, Kayla has it on lock-down. You literally can show up at the airport in Managua with a toothbrush and a pair of baggies and have the time of your life.

Great place that really exceeded all of our expectations. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian A
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I came with my buddy Chris and it was awesome ! Chris had been there before and told me how cool it was. Sean picked us up at the airport without any problems and when we got to the house before dawn, Sean and Greg were ready to take us out surfing.
We took a panga to freight trains and I experienced one of the best waves of my life ! Sean and Greg were in the water with us and made sure we were safe and having fun ! After that, we returned to the house and I met the rest of the staff who were pleasant and professional. Kay kay, Greg, and Sean were on top of everything the whole time we were there. Marvin handled the wheel and the helm and he did an outstanding job too. Our fellow travelers were pleasant and everyone was always in a good mood. The rooms were clean and the food was delicious ! The entire week was filled with perfect waves, good food, and laughter !

If you want to meet interesting people from all over the world, surf the best waves, eat good food and feel like you are visiting your friends house then you want to go see Greg and the gang !

I have been to other places but this is one place I want to go back to as soon as possible !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

As soon as my buddy Pete and I got there, we felt right at home! We shared great memories jammin on the guitar/drum set on the beach. Oh, and the waves were awesome The best part for me was getting professional grade photos take. If my surf sesh! Instagram'd those real quick :)

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great house in a great location! If the surf break right outside in front of the house is not to your liking, STN has a boat and captain Marvin can take you and your friends to numerous waves nearby. Greg and Shaun are awesome about letting you do your thing, but always available for one on one surf session for dawn patrol, or even a heart to heart pep talk before a BIG morning. It's your call. Loved that! I loved seeing Kayla's art all around and she was a great balance for the normally male dominant clientele. The rooms were nothing special, but the public shared spaces were outstanding. Always a lovely spot on the porch, or by the pool, or my favorite hang out spot - the rancho! uh, let's see, morning coffee scout, hammock between sets, sunset with a beer (or heck have a beer anytime - help yourself it's the honor system).
The gals put the love into the food, too - you can feel it.
I'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ThiaKonig
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I just got back from several days at Surf Tours Nicaragua. I didn't know what to expect going, but everything was above and beyond what I had imagined.

If you're at all into surfing this is THE place to go. I've surfed all over Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, but the location of this camp is amazing. Two great surf spots right in front of the camp. One is a nice beach break going left and right, the other more of an intermediate reef break.

Also, Freight Trains is a short 5 minute boat road and it's one of the best breaks in Nicaragua.

I was skeptical with it being in such a small town, but the camp has plenty of things to do when you're not surfing. Pool table, speakers everywhere you can connect your iPod to (they even let me play my country music), a shaded cabana overlooking the beach with a drum set, guitar, and fridge stocked with beers and Smirnoff (yes, I iced myself) and also a nice pool to cool down in.

Also, the photo deal is a steal. 50 professional photos for super cheap that will make even the worst surfer look like Kelly Slater.

Highly recommended this place to anyone that wants a stress free surf vacation.

Room Tip: Ground room floors are nice because you will be exhausted after all the surfing, plus it's closer to the beer fridge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends