“Great place to stay on your visit to Langkawi”

La Pari-Pari Langkawi
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Long due review. We were there in June '13 and had an amazing time in Langkawi. La Pari Pari is right where you want it to be and yet is a nice quiet place. Lovely rooms and superb hospitality. They were very helpful and recommended and arranged some nice trips for us. Personally ensured that we had a good time in Langkawi. Hope to be back there some day soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Today is my first day here.come with my family, mom n sister. Staffs are passionate in their work, room is spacious n clean. I love the bathroom design n i truly agree with all the previous reviews. I glad that my family loves it too. Going to have a blast this weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at La Pari Pari for 4 nights in October 2013. It was a very pleasant stay. I have been traveling frequently during the recent past, especially in Sri Lanka, and I often see hotels not offering what they claim in their web sites. La Pari Pari is truly an exception - you get what you see. Tracy and others were very nice and helpful during my short stay.
The environment is very calm and quite and away from the busy street life. If you want immediate access to shops, this is not the correct place. However, it is just 5 min taxi drive to Pentai Cenang from Pari Pari, so if you want something that is relaxing, yet accessible to shopping areas, this is the place.
Hope to visit you next time with my family. I have already recommended your place to one of my friends who will be coming to Langkawi soon.

Room Tip: Romms 10 and 12 are furthest from the reception - BUT the whole premises has only 12 chalets
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The chic minimalist design, the delicious food, the refreshing pool, the easy walk to a fairly secluded beach -- yes yes yes, love it! But really it is the phenomenal people who run this place who make it memorable. I had a terrible time synching my iPhone to their wifi, but the staff went to extraordinary lengths to successfully correct the problem. I needed something that the local pharmacy didn't stock, so one of the staff members drove to another town to get it -- and then refused to let me pay for it. When my flight was delayed, they immediately rescheduled my taxi to the airport and then let me hang out with them until it was time to go. Staying at La Pari-Pari isn't like being at a hotel, it's like being part of an unnaturally happy family! I miss them...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The rooms were very nice and comfortable, staff were very helpful, and pool was lovely. We stayed in low season so the island was pretty quiet but the location was very convenient and we were happy not to be staying right at the beach.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at La Pari Pari! :D We were absolutely wow-ed when we first arrived at the little quaint and beautiful resort. We loved our rooms very much.

Most of all, we were touched by the lovely hospitality - all the staff are so friendly. Each time we returned to the resort, Richelle or Tracey were there to welcome us back!

We also liked the food at FatCupid - we are still dreaming of Jackie's Masak Lemak :) Thanks to everyone at La Pari Pari for making our Langkawi trip a most wonderful and memorable one. We have been missing La Pari Pari since we left! Cheers! :D

With great smiles from Singapore,
Alicia, Ariel, Serene, Syl and Sarah

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is a lovely boutique hotel tucked away from the main road. Rooms were big although the bathroom was too big in proportion to the bedroom itself. The staff were top-notch - special mention to Jackie, Tracy, Richelle, Jeremy and the rest of the gang.

Breakfast was included and was yummy. Food was good but not as sensational as other reviewers claim it to be. Still, the restaurant is recommended for a romantic quiet dinner.

Loved the salt-water pool that was very clean. Usually, outdoor pools in smaller hotels are filled with leaves on the water and dirt at the bottom of the pool but not the one at La Pari-Pari.

Do ask the very enthusiastic staff for recommendations for anything. We checked out 5 of their food recommendations and they were all spot on.

It's a good place to let kids run around the grounds without having to worry about them getting lost or kidnapped!!! There's a treehouse at the back of the ground and a very small playground in the front. They'll love the grounds anyway - there's enough space for them to run around and lots of insects for them to see.

Due to the design of the room, there are some windows that do not have curtains so if you are a light sleeper, you might wake up once the sun rises. It wasn't a problem for us though.

Rooms could offer the following:
A box of facial tissues
A rubber non-slip mat for the shower area as the tiles used were the same smooth tiles used in the room.
Universal power point for shavers
Better quality toilet rolls (I don't expect much but those offered were really below my very low standard)

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 7 are the closest to the pool. Rooms 6 and 12 are the furthest away.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
The Smith House
The Smith House
#1 of 1 in Padang Mat Sirat
The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa

Been to La Pari-Pari Langkawi? Share your experiences!