“Fine Dining”

fatCUPID
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Malaysian, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Set in the beautiful grounds of La Pari-Pari, fatCUPID is tucked away down a quiet lane off the main Pantai Tengah strip. Owned and operated by three cousins, the restaurant features recipes from their family's rich Nyonya heritage, incorporating dishes learned from their Grandmother, and some Aussie favourites that are a reference to the cousins' shared experiences living in Australia. Great for a laid-back breakfast or lunch, and a fantastic intimate venue for a quiet, cozy dinner.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Mix platter was great. Lamb, steak, chicken, prawn, barracuda fish. First time ever try barracuda. Not bad. For 1 person is RM88, for 2 is RM158. Come with salad.

Service is top notch. Wine selection is good.

Generally fish dish is great here. Great restaurant for seafood lover. Chicken dish is bland. Ended up leaving half on the plate.

1  Thank Daymondyeo

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Came here after reading the positive reviews, we were not disappointed. We drove down from the Meritus Pelangi after phoning to get directions, it wasn't hard to find at all following the advice we received. Started with a Shiraz caipirnha and lemongrass mojito, both were excellent but the caipirnha was a revelation. For mains we both chose traditional Malay dishes which were very fragrant and tasted great. For desert I had a chocolate ice cream sandwich which hit the spot perfectly. While dining we were invited to view the accommodations on site which looked really good and were priced very reasonably. Overall a great place with very friendly owners.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a quick check on tripadvisor reviews to find this restaurant, then went on to their website and decided to give it a try. The staff is very friendly, very easy going, they asked if I needed help with the menu and gave me some of their recommendations. I was dining by myself and I really felt that they took care of me even though I'm not their hotel guest. As a matter of fact, I almost felt that I wasn't dining by myself as I had a good chat with a few of their staff. So friendly and helpful! Their beef burger was soooo juicy, sooo good. The fries that came with it was lightly salted and not over-fried - which was just perfect! They recommended their Nyonya laksa, but I could only enjoy the burger for the night so I decided to go back for the Nyonya laksa the next day - which certainly did not disappoint! I almost drank up the soup! Very glad to have found fatCUPID and dine there twice even I only had 2 nights in Langkawi! Oh and they play fantastic jazz music, makes it so romantic for solo travelers, couple, and family friendly too!
I was interested to take a look at the hotel room, and they were very happy to show me around.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place is a little out the way, off the main strip in Tengah so is easy to miss. We knew of this place form trip advisor so we went looking for it. Nice, quiet and clean. a little bit more pricy that the asian restaurants but you wont be disappointed. service was VERY good, and the food was nice also !!
See for yourself :)

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Simple menu, lovely restaurant and friendly staff!
It is located at Pantai Tengah.Try to seek for Fat Mum Restaurant, is opposite of the road.
They do have guest house behind the restaurant with concierge services.
The menu is very basic and more into fusion types.

MARK