“Amazing”

fatCUPID
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Malaysian, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the beautiful grounds of La Pari-Pari, fatCUPID is tucked away down a quiet lane off the main Pantai Tengah strip. Owned and operated by three cousins, the restaurant features recipes from their family's rich Nyonya heritage, incorporating dishes learned from their Grandmother, and some Aussie favourites that are a reference to the cousins' shared experiences living in Australia. Great for a laid-back breakfast or lunch, and a fantastic intimate venue for a quiet, cozy dinner.
Bologna, Italy
“Amazing”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

One of the best dinners of my life, amazing ambience and music, supe friendly staff and stunning food, everything for very good value for money. Perfect, just like the La Pari-Pari resort, where the restaurant is located.

1 Thank Alisgenni

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great food and such lovely personal service.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were recommended fatCUPID by the lovely staff at Sugar and it definitely didn't disappoint! fatCUPID is located in the La Pari-Pari guest house, a gorgeous and new boutique hotel.

La Pari-Pari was very clean, isolated enough to be quiet but a short walk from the action near the beach. We were shown around an unbooked room because we're interested in staying there next time and they were very clean and comfortable looking. There's 12 rooms so it's nice and quiet.

The staff at fatCUPID are incredibly friendly and offered personal service. We almost felt like we were having dinner at a friends house!

The food was amazing and great value for the standard. I think the food is worth twice the price that fatCUPID is charging. Couple that with a gorgeous location, scenic view and great service and it's the best value you'll find in Langkawi.

To find fatCUPID it's just next to a 2 storey café type place called Sun ...something. We missed the sign the first time but luckily found it the second time. It's down a little side street/alley way about 100 or so metres off the road.

Our visit was so good we went for dinner but were too full for dessert so we walked around the markets and returned for dessert later haha You don't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank AussieAbroad011
Penang
“Not Worth”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We had dinner there n while the service was polite n warm, the food quality was poor - my lamb was over salted n texture was mushy, the baracuda had quite a few tiny bones in it n when I complaint to the server, I was told such fish don't have bones n I had to show her the bones. I did not even receive an apology which I felt should have adequately improved my mood. I was also not asked how I prefer my meats which was too underdone to my preference. There were a lot of mosquitoes n our family were not comfortable. We got out of there as soon as possible n felt that the food was really not worth what we paid for.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Cyndanai
scotland
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Food was very good, I had beef rendang, my wife the Thai beef salad, both excellent. Very good atmosphere, service terrific , we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Recommend highly.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank bigeckscot
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What a brilliant choice it was to venture to fatCUPID this evening!
fatCUPID is located at Pari Pari Villa's, tucked away down what has to be described as a very rumpty drive way, but do not be put off.
We had booked (not necessary this evening) and were warmly welcomed and seated in this delightful open air yet cosy eatery.
The wine list is not at all extensive yet large enough for ample choice. We started with a very freshly made wonton entree.
We wanted to eat some good 'local' food and on recommendation I chose the chicken curry and my good man, the beef rending. We were not disappointed! Delightfully presented and delicious taste sensations!
FatCUPID offers enthusiastic and personal service and delicious food in a quiet setting. Well done!
Highly recommended!