“Great food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2014

In 6 days while we were on Langkawi we went there twice. We do love Japanese food and this one is a great choice. Fish and lobsters are fresh, prepared very well and prices are fine.
Do not miss if you are Japanese food fan.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Restaurant definitely need up keeping, run down condition. Tableware are in poor conditions, yet charging premium prices. Very average food. Regular Japanese restaurant in KL & Penang are much better and cheaper.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We love the service of a waitress; a middle-age, short hair lady with spectacles (too bad I din get her name). Food is good, though the price is on the high side. It's a place to indulge; not for daily meals because of the price.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Arrived at 6pm. Restaurant just opened, my friends & I were the first customers.

As I'm a big fan of japanese cuisine & been to many japanese restaurants around South East Asia while traveling, I find this place to be quite expansive BUT there is a reasonable amount of quality in the food. And it is really NOT a place for budget travellers.

I would recommend the Bento Set which my friend had. Its worth the money. Salmon & Maguro sashimi is good, their home made Green Tea ice cream is great, but could be too sweet for some tastebuds. The Unagi that came with the set was quite good too. That was enjoyable.

Also we had the Toro sashimi (Blue fin tuna belly) but I dont think the quality was there compared to the ones I had in Singapore which had awesome Toro sashimis (fats from meat literally melts in your mouth!). So I wont recommend spending RM55 for the 5 slices.

Lastly we waited for about an hour before the food arrived & I think its probably because they just started up the fire in the kitchen so I'll be fair in my judgement for that.

So if I was to judge quality for pricing, I would stick to my earlier judgement that it is quite expansive. You can get better quality for around the same pricing (or a little cheaper) in Singapore & Mainland Malaysia.

Hope this review was worth your time.

1  Thank Imanuddin I
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had a meal in Unkaizan last week. We were staying in Ambong Ambong just up the hill from the restaurant and it came highly recommended. We were not disappointed!! We had the steak set with sushi starter and ice cream to finish. Cannot recommend this place highly enough and the serving staff welcoming, friendly and attentive.