“Safe and upmarket food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We had a very good quality and authentic meal here. I had the tempura combination and my husband had salmon and sushi a la carte. Also some sparkling sake made less sweet by freshly squeezed grapefruit which was lovely and unusual.
The sushi and tempura were as good as any we have had in Japan and it was clean and comfortable. An uber ride from Pantai Cenang where we did not much fancy the dodgy looking cafes and surrounds. This is a safe, clean place with spotless toilets and friendly service from charming staff.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Out of the limited options for sushi in Langkawi, Unkaizan should undoubtedly be the first pick.

The environment is immediately noticeable, with hanging plants arranged on an outside deck for beautiful seating.

The food and sushi were great, ranging from the individual sashimis and nigiris to udon combination platters and more!

The service was perfect, accommodating our large group of 12 people well and even allowing us to split the check at the end in an organized fashion.

Overall, if I were to return to Langkawi, I would have to return to Unkaizan as well!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

The service was excellent and the food was good. It is in a beautiful position halfway up a small hill and within walking distance from Pantai Tengah. There are choices of seating. Inside with AC, outside on a deck or lower in the garden but with Japanese style seating which was uncomfortable for me. However, the staff was very accommodating and helped us move. My one or two complaints. 1 the menu is too complicated and the specials board also has too many things on it. 2 No sugar free drinks other than water or fresh juice which are in fact not sugar free. All-in-all an enjoyable meal and a place I would visit again but I would restrict myself to the set menu choices.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Beautiful garden setting with views to the sea. We each had a set dinner, which was fresh and well presented. The home made ice cream and watermelon finished off a great meal. Service was impeccable.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Coming here because of the great review on Tripadvisor. However, I am unsure if I am overexpecting the food to be exceptionally fresh. My tempura prawns are a bit powdery and my prawn in the sushi is quite funny as well. Probably, I come at a time where the prawn is not in season. However, they can improve their way to preserve their raw seafoods.