“A Must Stop!”

The Tourist Trap
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, International, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
missouri
“A Must Stop!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Tourist Trap is a food wagon on steroids! It is a place that we have driven buy many times, but never stopped, although we had read many positive reviews. There are several pop up style tents with tables beneath them. When eating out I want the restaurant to be clean, have a view, and the food be tasty. The Tourist Trap met all the above. We enjoyed the lobster roll and the pulled pork nachos. The lobster roll had the amount of lobster you would find in a small lobster, except you did not have to deal with locating the meat. Larry had done this for us! It was outstanding. The pulled pork nachos were very good as well. My wife tried a locally brewed beer, which must have been good because she had another. If going to Salt Pond or Lameshur Bay or just touring the island, The Tourist Trap is a MUST STOP!!

• Visited June 2014

“You got to find this place.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

When we visited St. John in October 2013. The only place I wanted to visit was the Tourist Trap. If your looking for the best food you will ever taste. This is it. Friends ordered the pulled pork nachos actually two orders of that. I had a hot dog, one of the best dogs ever, maybe it's the buttered bun. I also had the lobster roll and the fish tacos. Trust me anything you order you are going to be pleased. This place is in the middle of no where. We were driving and driving and finally we found it. It's like finding gold. I could have stayed there all day eating. My only regret was I didn't get anything to go. Going back October 2014. This time I hope to try the nachos, and the meatball sandwich. Food is so good it's been 8 months we are still talking about it. See you in October.

• Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good for lunch”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I thought this place was pretty good. Got the BBQ pork nachos and tacos. Nothing amazing but tasty. Drink right drive left drink is pretty good also. If you go by salt pond bay it's worth the stop

Cruz Bay, St. John
“So easy to drive by...but don't”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Still one of our best choices for Coral Bay. Larry needs to post his retirement date on line and give us a few days notice when he intends to retire so we can get down there before he does.

Visited June 2014
Minnesota
“So Good”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The grilled blackened fish sandwich I had here was so good. I wish we had a chance to get back before we left. My brother had the pork nachos and really enjoyed them also. Would say this was the best meal I had while in St. John.

• Visited May 2014