“Lobster Roll and Pulled Pork are Amazing”
Review of The Tourist Trap - CLOSED

The Tourist Trap
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
NJ
“Lobster Roll and Pulled Pork are Amazing”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I don't understand how such amazing food comes out of such a simple place. First, the atmosphere is fun. It is an outdoor place, with a few tables behind this little hut in the picture. They have a small menu probably about 15 different items but the food we had was outstanding. I went for the lobster rolls and I read a review here from a guy from texas who said they had the best pulled pork he'd had. My husband had the pulled pork nachos which made me want to go back the next day for those. They had a few nice beers and home made ice cream (I thought it was too rich but my husband loved it). The waitress--probably the owner--had the unique ability to make everything sounds delicious. I'm not exaggerating. She could have talked me into eating just about anything. ;)

The atmosphere is fun cute, the food is great. You should take a trip out here just for the tourist trap but, it is a convenient stop on the way to Salt Pond Beach!

• Visited July 2014

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Life is Good at the Tourist Trap”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

A must stop after a long day at Lameshur Bay or Salt Pond. Stopped here for another "no shower" happy hour after spending the day at Lameshur one of the best beaches on St John. The food is great - blackened fish sandwich and lobster roll with a couple of painkillers and beers. What really makes this place so great is the laid back atmosphere and friendly service. The owner and his entourage are very friendly, approachable and offers great advice about St John. I stopped here a few years ago with my kids and it hasn't changed a bit - still an awesome place. Life is Good.

Visited July 2014
Virginia Beach
“Delicious Lobster Rolls!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I ate here as we were making our way from one of the North shore beaches to Little Lamesure beach. I had a "Drink Right Drive Left" drink and it was outstanding. We both had lobster rolls, which were amazing! The warm, buttered rolls gave off a mesmerizing aroma, only to be followed by the sweet chunks of lobster salad - lobster, mayo, celery, and not much else - delicious! I could have easily eaten another.

• Visited June 2014
Blythewood
“Best Lobster Roll in the Caribbean!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We've driven by this place a dozen or more times on our trips to Coral Bay and have never stopped. Why, I'll never know. It was highly recommended by our eco tour guide as a great lunch spot. Well she was right! It was perfect, laid back, and has great food and drinks. The Caribbean lobster roll was delicious and hit the spot as we were all tired and hungry from a four hour kayak tour. Our waitress was friendly, service was great, and we even learned about Buster the one-eyed cock. Life on the Coral Bay side of the island is our kind of atmosphere and we will stop at the Tourist Trap again. Highly recommend!

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“This is What Island Dining is all about!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Fresh, delicious food prepared in a casual setting. We felt like we were guests at a friend's gourmet cookout! A great place to relax and enjoy a beer and a great fish sandwich after the beach. The owner/operators/servers are very friendly and obviously enjoy sharing their love of paradise with tourists. I highly recommend a stop, or several here!