“Bring your big wallet”

Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean, Indian, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Steve and Adie look forward to welcoming you to their newly renovated British Pub right on the water in Coral Bay. The menu features Skipper's Pub menu (wraps, sandwiches and appetizers) plus a great dinner menu of British food such as Bangers n mash, Cottage Pie, Steak and Guinness Pie, as well as some amazing curry dishes. Walk-ins are always welcome, but it is recommend to call ahead and reserve a table during high season.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very good food but very high prices, even by St. John standards. A limited menu each night. The ribs and mashed potatoes were excellent but portions were not large ($36). Drinks were about $12-14 and very good.

3  Thank Monet2011

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Friday and Saturday nights are very special because Sweet Plantains offers their curry. We made a reservation and received a nice window table with a fresh breeze and very pleasant view of Coral Bay. The food is simply delicious! The honey-jerked chicken appetizer should not be missed. The portion is more than enough for two and the flavors are so good. Our server helped us to decide what to order. My husband had the red curry with mahi mahi and I had the coconut curry with shrimp. Yum! It was one of the best meals of our vacation. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a great meal at Sweet Plantains in Coral Bay. The atmosphere was cozy, the service was attentive and friendly, and the food was excellent. The menu changes depending upon the day of the week. We went on a Thursday, which was their curry night. The menu is limited (the options included two different curries with a choice of protein, or the fish special), but everyone enjoyed their meal. They also have an extensive selection of rum and wine. I ordered the Painkiller cocktail, and it was the best one I had all vacation - very fresh flavors.

1  Thank LindsA
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted to come here after reading about it online before we came to St John, and it did not disappoint. We were staying at Caneel and you really have to work hard to find a cab driver to take you to Coral Bay, but it's totally worth it. The service was excellent and our server came outside to greet us as we got out if our taxi. First off, the drinks are best we had on the island, the bartender is great and so friendly. The guava martini and the erotic spice martini were sooo good! Would go back just for those drinks! The jerk wings were very good, the meat falls off the bone, you can't even pick them up. We also had the crab dip with tostones, the tostones were bland but the crab dip was very good, loved the manchego cheese in it. We each had the red curry and the coconut curry with shrimp and plantains and both were excellent, with the coconut being my favorite. If I had any complaint it would be that there aren't enough plantains! For a place called sweet plantains, you only get 2 plantains with your entree and I wish they had a plantain dessert. Other than that , great service, food , and drink , would definitely go back!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were on St. John this past week and ate at Sweet Plantains and the food was OK. They have a limited menu so be sure to check before going. We were having a hard time finding someone open and Sweet Plantains was so we stopped in. The food is on the spicy side and on the expensive side for the portion you receive. Would I go back? Probably not, just not my type of food.