“Great St John Experience!”

Angel's Rest Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 17 things to do in Coral Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Swim up and have a cocktail or an ice cold beer from St. John Brewery on Coral Bay's Floating Bar- Angels Rest. Snorkel, or soak up the tropical sun on the top deck, or if you prefer, lounge on the daybeds. Or maybe you prefer to sit at the glass dining table with an open floor below. We also have our liquor licenses so if you see us anchored at Ms. Vie's or Hanson beach swim out for a cocktail and some fun! We provide dingy pick ups. We also do private charters 1/2 day, full day or sunset cruises.
Littleton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great St John Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Popped-up on the beach after 2+ hours of snorkeling and what did I see... BAR... a bar boat that is... Pete was wonderfull... others on the beach agreed... I understand the controversey but Pete handles it with tact... Check it out if you are in the area...

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dennis F

Barrington, New Hampshire, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Coral Bay Vow Renewal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

First off I want to thank Peter for his wonderful creation called the Angel's Rest. My wife and I just returned after 10 wonderful days in Coral Bay and one of our highlights was to renew our wedding vows after 25 years. We celebrated with another couple (Jean & Bob) in Hurricane Hole while aboard the Angels Rest for a wonderful sunset cruise. Peter is a fantastic Captain with a great personality along with a great deal of knowledge of the area. His rum punch is also "pretty good". We will absolutely go out on the Angels Rest in the future on return visits.
Thanks again Peter!
John & Cindy

Visited April 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Boat is Awesome, Got Had by Capt Pete”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

We first found Angel's rest while sunning on Vies Beach. We swam up, grabbed a drink & decided this would be a cool boat to charter for a sunset cruise. We were charged $90/person, there were 7 of us & Pete said we'd be out for around 3 hours & would sail around multiple bays. Well, he only took us to Hurricane Hole & we only stayed out for 2 hours. Didn't even see the sunset. I guess I'd give this boat 5 stars if it were manned by someone else.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank karalyn84
cincinnati
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“St. John visitor for 15 years”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Hey all newcomers to St. John......the coral reefs and turtle sitings are not what they use to be! Gee isn't it great that a floating bar comes into Hansen bay 50-60 feet from the shoreline anchoring in turtle and coral beds. This "bar" also came within 5-10 feet of people snokeling in the pristine waters of Vie's beach in Hansen Bay while anchoring. A "no..no" for any responsible boater. But this guy is great.. he wants to make a buck! He is charming and wantS to come in close to shore so people do not have to use to much energy in swimming to his business...imagine that :-O Thanks for supporting bad behavior by buying your drink which is cheap compared to the number of years needed to restore the damage he is doing.Yes, I reported him to the enforcement officers of the V.I. And guess what?....THEY KNOW HIM WELL

Visited February 2013
7 Thank 58yrgrannie
Peter H, Owner at Angel's Rest Day Tours, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
I have only ever had excellent reviews, including those that are not only locals, but those that have been coming longer than 15 years. There is always an old sour apple in the bunch, and based on your overall review of our beautiful home, I would like to review you as an awful tourist, and disinvite you from attending year 16 of your annual vacation. Please write to the authorities - they know me well because thy frequent my establishment on their days off. If I wanted to waste more time addressing your misinformed review, I would include a picture of our governer aboard my TOP RATED vessel. Good day.
Deptford, New Jersey, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“One of a kind ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Captain Peter is a unique individual. Great conversationalist, story teller and host. All drinks 5 bucks, for easy accounting lol! Just off of Vie's Beach, he had 2 types of beer and his infamous rum punch. His punch was delicious and he uses what he calls the "Coral Bay Pour" with the spiced rum as he makes your drink. I'd call it a double! Memorable day with a unique experience. You can call him prior to going to see if he'll be there 340-514-6270.

Visited February 2013