“We came as strangers and left as friends.”
other travellers have booked this property
sunrise over Hurricane Hole
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
sunrise over Hurricane Hole
view
back grotto
'tween main house and bedroom
view for breakfast
view from patio
view from road
entry deck, first bedroom & living room
kitchen
living room
living room
bedroom #3
back grotto
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

robert r
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“We came as strangers and left as friends.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

We researched a number of villas in Coral Bay and decided on Sweet Winds. The villa is 4/10 of a mile out of town and was exactly what we had hoped for. There is a nautical theme throughout. Nina the owner couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. A car is needed and it needs to be 4 wheel drive. The driveway is short but very steep.
The view is second to none, and there are wonderful sunrises as the deck faces East. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to go back if health issues allow.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
25 Jan 2014
enjoyed meeting you
MaryJoM52
New York City, New York
“wonderful place”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

We found Sweet Wind to be just as advertised. It is beautiful, eccentric and funky. Chilling is easy. Cooked a lot, hung out, went adventuring every day. Well equipped yet everything does not work perfectly. Interesting details in the architecture and decoration that make it a comfortable and aesthetic experience. What a view! We would definitely go back when possible.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View and ambience of the place.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
28 Dec 2013
what great guests
VA
Reviewed 1 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
1 May 2013
It is so nice to meet such great people doing this business. How refreshing. NH
Anne5459
New York, New York
“Perfect for families with small children!”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

This was our second trip to Sweet Wind Villa. We had such a lovely time in 2012 that we didn't think twice to book with Nina's lovely home again.
We have two children, 2 and 4.5, and Nina made us all feel welcome and comfortable, providing a pack and play and booster seat. She took a list of staples that we would need and stocked the fridge for us with milk, eggs, bread, etc... So that we wouldn't have to go shopping our first night. (There are two convenient stores located right in coral bay.) We ate out about half the nights of our stay and cooked in the rest. We packed picnic lunches for the beaches.
This time we traveled with another family and their 2 year old. The house is perfectly set up for two groups - one bedroom is set on one side of the house, while the other two are on the opposite side - perfect to give each family their own privacy. The kids loved showering together in the outdoor shower after a sandy day at the beach, and running around the fully enclosed decks that circle the house.
We look forward to returning again next year!
The views of Hurricane Hole are so beautiful, and both years we saw double rainbows off the balcony after a late afternoon rainstorm. Nina clearly loves the home, as shown in the careful details throughout.
The restaurants in coral bay, just a short drive away, were great. Skinny Legs and Donkey Diner are particularly family friendly.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The beautiful views.
Liked least: Pulling out of the driveway!
Travelling group: Young Children
Reviewed 15 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Yang Y
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Sweeeeet Memory in Sweeeet Wing Villa”
Reviewed 22 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
person found this review helpful

My friends and I spent only two days here last December. We are all students and our travel schedule was very tight. If there is any chance that I can stay there for one month I would love to.
It is a cute villa with super great sight of the bay and the moon. The moon is like what I saw in "Life of Pie", it must be the most beautiful moon I've ever seen. I told Nina that the St. John island is just like "the isolated paradise" and she agreed with me.
If you have a group of >5 people coming to this island, Sweet Wing Villa is really the best place to stay.
Nina is the nicest household. We all like her and I miss her a lot. She has a cute dog, Lucy, I miss her too. Her life is a legend and she is an artist. She is very helpful. She picked us up when I told her that we did not have a Jeep and drove us to the places that only locals know. I hope I can see her soon.

Your age range 18-24
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Jan 2013
I really enjoyed meeting these students, we had a great time, I look forward to meeting them again
taizisha
Shenyang, China
“The Best Host, The Most Lovely House, Best View and Smartest Dog”
Reviewed 21 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Nina is the best host I have ever met!! She is very beautiful, very energetic and very willing to help. She is an artist! So her way of life is an artist way! You can see the house is lovely decorated and the view is just the best of all! Nina has been talked to my friend Yang and helped us a lot even before we arrived. She drove us to the place where they sell fresh fish caught in the morning! She showed us and allowed us to use her gramophone! She brought happiness to everyone around her! I mean she is just wonderful.

Her house is comfortably sleeps 7 ppl and all of us had the best sleep during our trip! Rooms are just so comfortable!!! I definitely recommend Nina and her house to everyone who plan to have a vacation in St.John!

Btw, Lucy is the smartest dog I have ever seen!

Liked best: Host, Environment, House
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing