“Return visit again.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Rowen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited the Dutch Pancake House today with my granddaughters and my great granddaughter and great grandson, we visit whenever they visit me in North Wales. We always receive exceptional service and the food and drinks are always to our liking. The service is very good but the pancake house IS busy and it is advisable to reserve a table which we always do. We cannot fault the service and the food. We always make time afterwards to look at the fish and take a walk around the gardens weather permitting. We visit the Dutch pancake house whenever our grandchildren come to stay as they love pancakes and the friendly atmosphere of the Pancake House.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I live in north wales and went up to the Dutch pancake house at about 11.45 am. I walked in pushing a wheelchair into a almost empty restaurant and was asked if I had made a booking when I told them no they told me they had no tables even when I looked around and saw all the empty tables the staff I spoke to were not very nice I turned around and left I believe we were treated like this because we had a wheelchair user with us. I will make sure none of my family or friends go there and we are locals

2  Thank hondastx1300
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Fantastic place, great friendly staff I will definitely be gojng again, excellent surroundings lovely place to walk off the lovely food .

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Visited here this morning, pancakes nice, but very expensive considering how much a pancake actually costs to make! The place was cold inside, the heating wasn't on even though it was awful weather. The cappuccino was luke warm, and the latte was definitely not a latte! They also left people waiting outside until 11.05am, when they should open at 11, not an issue in the nice weather but poor customer service in the rain and wind!
Staff were OK, nothing really negative to comment on there.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Went to the Pancake House with a friend today for lunch. The weather was not good but I had never been before and as I wanted to take my grand children sometime I thought we would give it a go. The food was ok, Leek and potatoe soup follwed by quite a nice pancake, lemon and sugar with ice cream. I payed nearly £9 which was fine really but the service as noted by others was terrible. I will never never go there again. I will go out of my way to tell people not to go there. I hate bad service with a passion. The waitress ( a lady in her 40s) was so cold and unwelcoming to be rude to the point of 'Please sack her'. My friend made a jocular remark about her reading glasses and she just gave a smug smile. I had to send my soup back as it was not hot enough, and, yes, they took it back and yes it came back boiling hot but the way they took it back was so rude. What is the matter with people? I didn't complain at all because my friend was worried about her husband and needed to talk and I didn't want to upset her any more.
The whole time we were there no one came to see if we were ok. No one asked us if we wanted any coffees etc
It is not a comfortable place either, the chairs are hard with no cushions and it can be quite cold there. It is in a lovely area though, what a pity that a middle aged lady can spoil a day.

1  Thank suitcase0810