“Just Amazing”

and 1 more site!
Glyn Isa Country House
Ranked #4 of 5 Rowen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Well what can we say ? The other reviews say a lot of great things. We agree with all they say but the Friday evening at the local pub in Rowen (recommended by Liz & Darren) should be mandatory we had an amazing time the singing in the pub is just outstanding and only outshone by the people. Liz & Darren are fantastic hosts if you do stay here and believe me you should you will be very well looked after and the breakfast is among the best we have ever had. Just a mile away is the Groes Inn the oldest pub in Wales a great place for a very good meal and another lovely place.

Liz & Darren THANK YOU We are planning to return with friends very soon Peter & Rita

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Last weekend we spent a beautiful couple of days at Glyn Isa celebrating our 39th wedding aniversary. On the Friday morning it started snowing and reports said some roads were hard to manage so we rang ahead to say we were leaving and would try to make it. The journey was slow but we got there and were given such a warm welcome by Liz and Darren. The house was lovely and warm and so totally tranquil. We woke the next morning and about 4inches of snow had fallen. The view from the bedroom window was just like a Christmas card winter scene. It was such a pleasure to be allowed to share their beatiful home. The breakfast, as everyone compliments, was fantastic. After a trip out for the day and later, after our evening meal we sat in the lounge where Darren made us a fire while we drank our wine. We stayed in the Captains room which is brilliant. A fantastic place that we will deffinately be visiting again. Again, A big thank you to Liz and Darren for a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank opinion1952
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Glyn Isa. The house is wonderful and set in a beautiful location. We felt priviledged to stay in this family home and was treated with such warmth by the hosts. We stayed in Mollys room which which was charming. Elizabeth cooked a beautiful breakfast and couldn't do enough for us. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this guest house to anyone and I am sure we will return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is a fantastic county house idyllic in every way. Loved my stay here in the calm and peaceful surroundings. Exactly what I was promised and so much more. Perfect. I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I love staying here so much. I travel a lot but this still seems to be one of the few places where I can totally declutter my mind.The Orchard Lounge is so welcoming, I don't want to leave it. The roaring fire and carefully selected relaxing music make it perfect for destressing. The hosts are delightful, as is the breakfast.I always hate to leave and get back to reality. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The Glyn Isa Country Country House Bed and Breakfast, is a delightful building as is its owners (its a pun by the way...) On arrival we where greeted with such warmth and kindness from our hosts . We were shown into a most charming room so quiet and gentle, with such beautiful clean fresh air. Anyone blessed enough to come across Glyn Isa are in for a real treat....our breakfast was excellent every thing was first class .I was sorry we could not stay longer, but we will be back.

I suspect an evening in the summer, in the garden (October when we stayed) would be fab....

Room Tip: They are all lovely...... if you are lucky enough to get in.........
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 10 August 2012

On an impulse the other day, my wife and I decided to go to North Wales (as you do) and having rejected a spa hotel just outside Llandudno for charging £149 for an experience that did not include breakfast, decided on this very reasonably-priced alternative that did. If you visit Glyn Isa you will receive a warm welcome into a house with real character and luxurious space. When we visited, we were able to sit in the garden for a couple of hours enjoying the peace of the place which was really relaxing. The breakfast was great, we had a very comfortable night's sleep and at no point did we feel processed. Usually I prefer a hotel to a bed and breakfast but this is my favourite place to stay so far this year and is highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple