This country house hotel owned by Ian and Alan is a most delightful place to stay for a few days. Full of antiques, tastefully decorated and very clean and comfortable, the attention provided by the owners is second to none.
The food could hardly be bettered, from as lavish a breakfast as one might wish to a truly excellent dinner menu with superbly cooked food by Ian. Considering the menu and the quality of the food, the cost is very reasonable.
Alan is the front-of-house man and the maitre-d and a most delightful chap, always happy to have a chat.
A well-stocked bar where drinks can be enjoyed either in a comfortable lounge or on an attractive terrace. The grounds are like an arboretum and worth a stroll around.
We cannot credit that any guests could fault it and would certainly return if we were ever again in North Wales.
Peter & Pauline
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tir y Coed is a haven of peace and tranquility. Surrounded by an acre of mature landscaped gardens on the edge of Rowen, one of the Conwy valley's most delightful villages and just within the boundarys of the Snowdonia National Park. Most bedrooms have views over the gardens and vary in size and style as would be expected in a period house, Each room has either an en suite bath or shower room, T.V., refreshment tray and clock radio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Tir y Coed Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tir y Coed Country House Hotel Rowen
- Tir y Coed Country Hotel
- Tir y Coed Country House Rowen, Wales