We stayed in the 'Rowen suite' for a long weekend. This suite is a reasonably large room with a good superking sized bed,a sofa and an entrance lobby that also serves as a wardrobe/ dressing area with a super large mirror and opulent lighting, very attractive. The picture windows from this room to the suberb rear garden and the hills beyond are really lovely (you can enjoy the view from your bed!). The bathroom however did not really reflect the experience of the rest of the house. We thought the shower cubicle very small (even for those slimmer than us, it was tiny and cramped) and we did mention it to the owners. The shower had black mould on the sealant and the shower caddy was broken, hanging off a part of another broken fixture (also mentioned but not fixed during our stay). We hope that this is sorted out as it detracted from an otherwise excellent experience.
Ian and Allan are great hosts. The food and wine list is excellent, local produce is used and you can look forward to a really tasty, varied and fresh breakfast in the morning. Rowen is a pretty village and Tir Y Coed is a charming and beautifully kept house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tir y Coed is a boutique B&B and the house is a haven of peace and tranquility, ideal for a romantic break or a family get-together. Surrounded by an acre of mature landscaped gardens on the edge of Rowen, one of the Conwy valley's most delightful villages and just within the boundary of the Snowdonia National Park. Most bedrooms have views over the gardens and vary in size and style as would be expected in a period house. Each room has either an en suite bath or shower room a T.V. super-fast broadband (but no mobile signal, as we have mountains everywhere) as well as all the other stuff you'd expect to enable you to make yourself at home. Think fluffy white towels, feather and down duvets, proper coffee and big comfy beds. It is possible to dine in the evening by prior arrangement and we will be happy to discuss food options and preferences with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tir y Coed Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tir y Coed Country House Hotel Rowen
- Tir y Coed Country Hotel
- Tir y Coed Country House Rowen, Wales