“Mums holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Our House with Ballymastocker Beach behind
Accommodation is comfortable and cosy cottage style Kitchen is well kitted out
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Our House with Ballymastocker Beach behind
Accommodation is comfortable and cosy cottage style
Kitchen is well kitted out
Front bedroom with view over Lough Swilly
En-suite bathroom
House is in a gated area - a cluster of 14 holiday homes
Ballymastocker Beach is 2 miles long
Portsalon Golf Club - 18 Championship holes 600 yards from the house
The cluster has safe and secure roads for kids to play on
And there is a grassed area for ball sports within the cluster area
Portsalon beach and harbour (and pub and restaurant) are only 100 yards from the house
Ballymastocker is fine golden sand - no need to get up early to claim your spot
Rock pools keep the kids entertained within sight of home
Equine activities are available nearby
There are miles of quiet picturesque roads for gentle (or vigorous) excercise
Us - on the beach of course
Donegal is steeped in heritage and history
Fanad Head has beautiful drives and attractions
Glenveagh National Park and Castle is a great day trip
Plan of the house
View from cluster wall
Ballymastocker Beach and river
Quiet roads with fantastic views
Portsalon Harbour
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Rosalind...
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great for a family vacation, not so much a couple.”
Reviewed 27 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

By the rather well-worn condition of the house, this is obviously a very popular place for families with young children - I can easily understand why, as the house is spacious, the furniture and equipment practical and it is within walking distance of the beach and beach shop. However, for an older couple such as ourselves, it seemed somewhat bare and we would have liked some "softening" of the interior. The towels need to be renewed - too thin and worn - and the kitchen utensils could do with an update. Margaret, the caretaker, is friendly and helpful and it was a delight to meet her, however, perhaps the employment of a professional cleaning company from time to time would improve the quality of the accommodation.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
14 Aug 2018
Dear Rosalind
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and will look into implementing some of your suggestions.
maureenro...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mums holiday”
Reviewed 17 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Had another fantastic week in 10 The Gardens, Portsalon.. Great location and great house . Fabulous Beach , restaurant and pub on your doorstep !! What more could you want !! Mum even made the few steps to the pub and restaurant! Great time

14 Aug 2018
Dear Maureen
Thank you for your review. So glad that you and your mum enjoyed your stay at the house.
Reviewed 1 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

2 May 2018
Thanks for your review. Really glad you enjoyed your stay despite the weather. We hope you will be able to visit again.
Karina T
“Perfect family escape!”
Reviewed 13 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We are a family of 6, with 4 children ranging from 5 to 13 years old. We stayed in the house for 4 nights - this was our second visit. The house is in a perfect location - so close to the beautiful beach and has a restaurant and bar practically on its doorstep. The view from the house is fabulous - what a joy to wake up to in the morning! The house itself is so cosy, clean and comfortable - a real home from home. We would not think of staying anywhere else in Donegal and would thoroughly recommend it for a perfect family getaway! We will definitely be back (again!).

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
20 Apr 2018
Dear Karina,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review. It is a pleasure to have you stay with us. You know that you are always welcome.
All the best
Reviewed 13 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

20 Apr 2018
Thank you very much for the review. We are so glad that you enjoyed despite the inclement weather. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
All the best
Lobna A
“Picturesque beach getaway”
Reviewed 25 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Port salon is beautiful in all seasons. Gerry was very responsive to all my questions in planning and gave me clear and detailed advice. The cottage is spacious yet cosy and in a fabulous location. I found it a pleasure to arrange with him and the long drive from Dublin was more than worthwhile!

21 Feb 2018
Hi Lobna,
A pleasure to have you. A perfect guest. We look forward to welcoming you again - any season !
Katricejb
“Perfect Place! THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO! Please take time to read this!”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

My family and I rented this house. The photos don't do it justice! This house is exceptionally beautiful and exceeded our expectations. Portsalon is a stunning location, the views from the house are tremendous. You see to see Portsalon, Ballymastocker Bay and more, so waking up every morning never got stale. It's literally a 2 minute walk from Portsalons store/ pier.

The down stairs is open planned with a double bedroom leading on to a bathroom so it was very accessible for my 96 year old grandmother. The upstairs has two double beds and a single bed, they are all comfortable. There's also wifi which is a plus as phone signal can be temperamental within the area and surrounding areas. The house was very clean, maintained to a high standard and the rental price is very reasonable and was within our budget.

The communication between the owners and I, was very prompt and willing to help with any requests I ask. The house keeper Margret popped round to see if we were settled in and needed any help. Margret was so pleasant, warm and welcoming, it truly made our stay that little extra nice. She even made my grandmother a homemade scone. My family have been coming to Donegal- Portsalon for decades as we have family and friends that live here so Fanad has a special place in our hearts. Over the past few year we have rented from a wide range of properties within the area, they have all been nice but has truly been the best of them all!

Unfortunately there was a family emergency, with a member of my family that lives in Donegal, we had to make arrangements for my family to extend their stay. I understood this meant I needed to find another accommodation for them as we only rented this property for a week. I was in pure joy and happiness that the owner of the house got in contact and offered my family to stay another week.

We will always be grateful for all the help and efforts that everyone has gone to, it was a hard time my family had to deal with. I cannot express the gratitude these lovely people have gone through to help my family. I will never forget this, just knowing that there is still such beautiful and nice people still left in this world, makes me feel tremendously happy.

I will be rebooking this property every time I come to Donegal.

Thank you so much for the hospitality.
Katrice

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
27 Sep 2017
Dear Katrice
Thanks so much for your lovely review and we are so glad that you enjoy the house and area as much as we do.
We were very sorry to hear about your family emergency and were glad we could help out.
We hope you will be able to visit again.
Gerry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing