“Lovely weekend away!”
Review of Staddlestones B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lydbury North
Staddlestones B&B
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at Staddlestones a couple of weeks ago whilst attending a wedding at Walcot Hall. Josie was extremely welcoming and looked after us really well - nothing was too much trouble. The room and house were brilliantly clean and comfortable, a home away from home. The breakfasts Josie made us were a particular highlight! Will definitely be back to visit again sometime and would highly recommend Staddlestones to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Josephine C, Owner at Staddlestones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you Bethan and Kirsty for taking the time to write a review for me .
I really enjoyed having you two stay with me and look forward to seeing you again when you come walking in the area.
Much appreciated Josie.

There are newer reviews for Staddlestones B&B

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Also at a Walcot Hall wedding and this is a perfect place to stay. Josie was there to welcome us with the door open and a big smile. The room was lovely and the bed comfortable as as the other reviewers have said - super breakfast and at a reasonable time i.e.not too early!! Josie went over and above the duty of the hostess when she washed and ironed my white jacket which the bride had poured red wine over!!! Can highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MagsFrance
Josephine C, Owner at Staddlestones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Many thanks Maggie for your lovely comments, it was great having you stay.
Hope your journey back to France when smoothly, and hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while attending a wedding at Walcot Hall. It is the perfect countryside B&B - cosy, homely and only a 10 mintue walk to Walcot Hall along a secluded driveway. Bed was comfy and there was plenty of wardrobe space to hang clothes. The B&B has a large garden with chairs and tables that can be used by guests. A vegetarian breakfast was provided for me which was excellent. Picturesque location and Josie was a fantastic host who made us and all the other guests feel very welcome. If you are attending a wedding then book early because you wouldn't want to miss out on this gem!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Josephine C, Owner at Staddlestones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you Jessica so much for your review.
It was really good to get to know you and see you relax at mine.
Good luck for Sept. will be thinking of you.
Josie.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at Staddlestones whilst attending a wedding at Walcott Hall. On our arrival we were welcomed by Josie with a cup of tea and cakes. The room was perfect with en-suite, and we had a lovely view of the garden. There was a very wide choice for breakfast, with local produce and fresh fruit. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, Josie was the perfect host and we would certainly stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Josephine C, Owner at Staddlestones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Oh thank you John so much for taking the time to write me a review.
It was a real treat for me having you and Chris stay loved listening to your tales about your love of music and much more and thank you for the card.
Please if you are ever in Shropshire again come and see me.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is the perfect place to stay if attending an event at Walcote Hall, or touring around the stunning Shropshire countryside. The accommodation is spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and Josie is so welcoming it's like a home from home. Her cooked breakfast is superb - she will make you whatever you want. During my stay, there were also fresh local raspberries to enjoy! There is a peaceful garden to sit in, too, if you get a moment. If you are here for a wedding, the village church is just a short step away - and Walcote Hall is a short drive, or a wonderful walk through the park. A perfect stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Just chat to Josie, she has a variety of rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Josephine C, Owner at Staddlestones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you Thea so much your review is very much appreciated. It was lovely having you stay like minds I think.
Hope we meet again on day.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

A very comfortable B and B with excellent breakfast. Josie was very welcoming and even put us in a better room than we had booked when it came free. The house is clean and well cared for. The perfect place to get to Walcot Hall.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much Sophie for you review I am so grateful you have taken the time to write.
Really only meet you briefly but I wish you well with your new home and may all your dreams come true .
Many thanks Josie

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Like many of the other reviewers, we stayed at Staddlestones as we were going to a wedding at Walcott Hall. My sister and I shared a twin room and my mum and dad had a double room with en suite bathroom. The rooms were very cosy and spotlessly clean. Josie was very friendly and accommodating, and the breakfasts were lovely and Josie made me some vegetarian sausages. At Staddlestones you are very much welcomed into Josie's home. The b&b is ideally located for events at Walcott Hall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Josephine C, Owner at Staddlestones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hi Lucy thank so much for taking the time to write a review I know you are all very busy people but it was lovely having you here as a family. Your comments mean a lot to me.
Thank you so much for posting the key back it arrived safe and sound next day.
Very best wishes Josie

The White Horse Inn, Rooms
Sayang House
Sayang House
#1 of 22 in Church Stretton

Been to Staddlestones B&B? Share your experiences!