“An excellent Dining experience”
Review of Stovell's

Stovell's
Reserve with OpenTable
Stovell's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Chobham
Price range: US$49 - US$61
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent Dining experience”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went to this Restaurant with my wife after a recommendation. It really lived up to it's high standard. The food was imaginative and really tasty. It is heading for a Michelin Star in our opinion. Would definitely like to go there again

• Visited May 2014

surrey
“90th birthday lunch”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I hosted a family lunch for 42 at Stovells last Friday to celebrate my mothers 90th birthday.
Without exception my guests were all delighted with the whole event. the food and service was
excellent. nothing was too much trouble.
I cannot thank everybody there too much for making my mum,s special day a very special day to remember

• Visited June 2014
Woking, United Kingdom
“An oasis in Surrey”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We would be forgiven for thinking that Surrey with is wealth of financiers and top business professionals would have a plethora of fine dining places. In reality, this desert has few oases that stand out, so the most reliable course for gourmets is to dine in London. There is one oasis though in the village of Chobham. Just over two years ago, the Cloche Hat, a local restaurant that had come to the end of its life, was acquired by a young couple by the name of Fernando and Kristy Stovell. In the ensuing period the restaurant - Stovells - has gained a reputation that has earned plaudits from the national and local press. It offers a modern European cuisine (whatever that really is) supported by the usual flummery of' top quality locally sourced sustainable materials'.
We have made four lunch time visits since the restaurant opened in 2012. The first lunch shortly after the place opened was with our younger relatives, was indeed a joyous occasion. Everything was as it should be – perfect! The opening salvo was the Pata Negra hamon set in its nickel plated carving cradle. If one has never eaten a well-cured Spanish ham then this is the place to try it. Our somewhat fastidious concern was that it was left uncovered on all the subsequent occasions that we saw it. The a la carte menu is broad enough to satisfy most tastes with excellent scallops as a favourite starter. Without doubt the best main dish was the cote de boeuf char grilled over hard wood. The last time I went with two business colleagues (June2014), all three of us chose the cote de boeuf that is normally ordered as two servings. This posed a challenge for the waiter, and no doubt the chef and we suspect that what was served was a cote for two persons cleverly sliced for three people. What were we charged? I confess that I have no recollection. The most disappointing dish so far was the roasted guinea fowl surrounded by tiny raw root vegetables.
Other slight aspects of concern were the absence of a knowledge waiter or maitre d’hôtel to advise us on the wine list and the cost of a bottle pre-prandial house champagne at the bar - £64 seemed excessive even though it was by Ruinart. I would have thought that the proprietors could have found an artisan champagne of good quality at a more attractive cost (as is common place in good French restaurants.
All in all, a promising start that deserves success and perhaps a Michelin star if more interest is taken to seek out client comments.

• Visited June 2014
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday. From first greeting until leaving the place, you will get consistent 5 star service. You ll get complementary bread selection and little dips before your starters. The smoked butter served with the bread is out of this world. I found £38 for a three course menu, excellent value for money considering the quality of food served here. Wine menu is extensive. I would recommend this restaurant for everybody who are looking a special experience.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“What a Gem of a Restaurant!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Frankly, it is a privilege to dine here. Their taster menu is a work of amazing design and culinary craftsmanship and thoroughly enjoyable.

Visited May 2014