Although it's about 40 minutes' drive from home, we like to think of ourselves as regulars here - at least once or twice a month. We were at the New Year's Eve party, we've had a staff skittles night for 30+ people, we have eaten late Sunday lunches and evening meals with friends and family. The food is always excellent and the staff knowledgeable and attentive but it's the little details that really please us - tap water almost as soon as you sit down, home-made bread, very tasty amuse-bouche soups before the starters arrive, fresh vegetables from the garden, home-made chocolates with coffee and very reasonably priced (and very agreeable) wines. Bar or restaurant, the food and service are outstanding - and I hear there's an in-house butchery on the way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 17th Century thatched freehouse pub in the middle of a beautiful chocolate box Dorset village. Serving excellent homemade local food, real ales and good wines. We have two bars, a restaurant, function room, large safe children's play area and extensive gardens and courtyards. We also have six ensuite B&B guest rooms housed in a separate building at the rear of the pub. We hold a civil licence for weddings both inside and in our gardens and have been managed and owned by Barbara Cossins for the past 25 years. Recently voted Best Pub in Dorset 2016 y the National Pub & Bar Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Langton Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langton Arms Hotel Tarrant Monkton
- The Langton Arms Tarrant Monkton, Dorset