“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tarrant Monkton
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Visited here towards the end of August. From start to finish this experience didn't fall below fantastic!
The warm and friendly welcome was unbelievable, not just by the staff but from the locals too. The setting is out of this world and the food to accompany this is unbelievably good.
All food is sourced locally if possible and the quality is exceptional and a very reasonable price. If your hungry I can recommend the beef brisket.
Stayed in a twin room. Room was very comfortable and well equiped with everything you could need. Very spacious and good views. Beds were comfortable and even though the area was busy, the room was peacefull and had a really good nights sleep. This room was a very reasonable £90 including a very good and hearty breakfast.
Overall this place had a great atmosphere at all times and everyone was so helpfull. Thankyou to everyone at The Langton, you really have created something fantastic and I had a lovely visit.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thelangtonarms, Owner at The Langton Arms, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for your review. It's always great to see you and we look forward to next years visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

What a gem the locals have,we went there with friends and at the same time there was a wedding on but this did not interfere with the wonderfull attentive service from the staff.
The food was as good as you get anywhere,there is a good selection of real ales and and the wine list is not bad either,
The little extras you get before and after are delicious, its a pity we live so far away or I could soon become a regular but we will be back next year,Thank you Langton Arms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thelangtonarms, Owner at The Langton Arms, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear manerf

Many thanks for your review. I am very glad you enjoyed your visit. Although you live far away don't forget we have lovely B and B rooms available should you wish to visit us for a little break!
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Really nice rooms set in wonderful gardens -- makes it a special place in the summer

Food is good although for my personal tastes a bit fussy -- but you can't question the quality of the ingrediants --- some simple pug grub type options like a simple pub curry or a simple specials board would add something but don't let me put you off at all -- I just like simple foods.

Good selection of beers and wines and the staff are nice and friendly

I would really recomend this place as a wonderful country stay -- it is also good for a business stop over as well because you get space and quiet surroundings to chill the brain

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear BristolBigRay

Many thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our locally and home sourced ingredients. dishes like our traditional Steak Pie and our homemade faggot are very popular. We hope to see you again soon.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here because I needed to be near to Hall & Woodhouse brewery head office early the next day. I am so glad I did!
First impressions - It is set in a gorgeous, tranquil village and the appearance of the inn itself is everything you would expect. The lady who checked me in was very efficient and approachable and then a lovely man took my bags and showed me to my room. The rooms are at the rear of the inn and were clean and comfortable with everything I needed.
I had a lovely time in the evening with all the locals who were most friendly along with all the staff.
All in all, a great stay and I wished I could have stayed another night!
I will be back again soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear loveagoodgetaway2013

Thank you for your lovely comments. It is always nice to hear positive feedback and I will pass your comments on to all the staff.

We hope to see you again soon
bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

What a lovely restaurant and fantastic friendly service lovely gardens and children's play area serving excellent well cooked food a real joy.The only negative would be the poorly thought out baby changing facilities as you have to stand over the toilet to change your baby and ours managed to kick a shoe off into the previously published toilet yuck!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank happyholidayer_10
thelangtonarms, Owner at The Langton Arms, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to hear that your family enjoyed our children's play park and gardens. But I would also like to apologise about the difficulties you had regarding our baby changing facilities. It is very helpful to learn of these issues, and we will do all we can to try and improve these facilities. Working around a listed building can pose endless problems such as this.

Barbara Cossins
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We went last minute for our anniversary dinner and thought it was fantastic!

The young barman was helpful and pleasant - he advised us that the main restaurant was empty but would show us around or we could sit in the bar area with other diners which we did.

We didn't order a starter and were delighted to be served an amuse bouche of the best soup I've ever tasted and delicious seeded bread basket.

The main courses were excellent value, with very generous servings - especially of the meat. The venison with red wine and port sauce was absolutely outstanding!

We finished with creme brûlées which were huge and delicious. Another gift followed from the chef of homemade chocolates which we just had no room for!

Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LGD75
thelangtonarms, Guest Relations Manager at The Langton Arms, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear LGD75

Many thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Went for celebration. Shown our table, no one took our drinks order until we asked when taking our food order. The little pre starter was a treat and bode well. Scallops appallingly bad, food was just mediocre, service lack lustre. Langton, you had all the little treats, but the food let you down, the service tried to be good but slopped water over every glass and just was not good enough. Lovely setting. What a shame.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dorsetpainter
thelangtonarms, Head Chef at The Langton Arms, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
I created this dish for the weekend and was very pleased with the comments and the amount sold over the weekend. In fact it was so popular I ordered more of the ingredients in to keep the dish on the menu the following week, so I am very surprised at your review on this dish.

I can only apologise for you not having better service of drinks and I can't for the life of me understand why you had cold water spilled over you during dinner as the staff are always very professional and careful on their service routine.

We hope you will visit us again as you seem to have had a rare poor experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarrant Monkton
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,088 reviews
Mortons House Hotel
Mortons House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Corfe Castle

Been to The Langton Arms? Share your experiences!