Arrived in atrocious weather with 2 chocolate Labradors and received the warmest of welcomes to this very attractive country inn. All staff were delightful, attentive, thoughtful and kind. The breakfast was one of the best we've had. We were the only guests staying and so the doggies were invited to join us at our meal. A large corner table was crammed with a selection of fresh berries, grapefruit segments, a huge choice of cereals including 2 varieties of the delicious Dorst Cereals granola, a vast bowl of thick, creamy yoghurt, jars of nuts and seeds and HOMEMADE jams and marmalades. I think that was everything! There was an extensive cooked breakfast menu too with the usual eggs, sausages, bacon, tomatoes etc (including kippers and haddock if requested the night before) but we had the impression from the lovely lady who served us that we could have whatever we liked if Chef could find it in the kitchen.
Our room was a lovely size, just perfect with the dogs as it had a large lobby to accommodate their baskets comfortably, enabling us to shut the door and sleep unmolested. Otherwise the room was a disappointment. The furnishings were spartan, the room quite chilly and the low energy bulbs lent a Stygian gloom. It was impossible to apply make up in the bathroom for the lack of light. All such a dismal contrast to the bright, welcoming, coziness of the main building. This could easily be rectified with a few decent light bulbs, a splash more opulence and a little more flexibility on the heating. Having said that we will certainly return for the brilliant breakfasts and the EXCELLENT seven star service. Thank you to all the smashing staff who looked after us so well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 17th Century thatched freehouse pub in the middle of a beautiful chocolate box Dorset village. Serving excellent homemade local food, real ales and good wines. We have two bars, a restaurant, function room, large safe children's play area and extensive gardens and courtyards. We also have six ensuite B&B guest rooms housed in a separate building at the rear of the pub. We hold a civil licence for weddings both inside and in our gardens and have been managed and owned by Barbara Cossins for the past 25 years. Recently voted Best Pub in Dorset 2016 y the National Pub & Bar Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Langton Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langton Arms Hotel Tarrant Monkton
- The Langton Arms Tarrant Monkton, Dorset