We spent 2 nights in The Talbot Earlier this month as we were attending a function close by .
There was a pleasant welcome, but our room was very small,more suited as a single, only one bedside locker and little room to move around. Bathroom on the other hand was quite large.
The bed was poor other furnishings were adequate. Our biggest gripe was that during our stay the fire alarm went off 5 times[ though the Landlady claimed 4,but was 5 confirmed by another resident ] And this took place on our first night at about 7/7.30am and occurred 2 further times between this and 8.45am. Our hosts did not see fit to say they were sorry just mentioned it as a passing nod! the following morning after a late night at our function as were 6 other Guests, our fire alarm went off at 5.15/5.30am, did not even get a nod this time !!
When paying I suggested after 2 nights I felt some allowance should be made and only with persistence and a cold scowl I got an 8% discount on a£270 bill!! Even at that the rate was £5/10 more than was quoted .
Now while accommodation was disappointing we had dinner there one evening and found it very relaxed and the food was very good nicely presented and freshly cooked.Breakfasts very good also.
So eat there do not stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old coaching Inn with five en suite bedrooms all with flat screen tv and tea/coffee facilities. The pub downstairs offers good home cooked food. A warm welcome awaits you. Parking available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Talbot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Talbot Hotel Iwerne Minster
- The Talbot Iwerne Minster, Dorset