“Amazing Beach, Great Room, Best Food, and Gracious Hosts!”
Review of Luna Negra

Luna Negra
Ranked #4 of 5 Cambutal B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Amazing Beach, Great Room, Best Food, and Gracious Hosts!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We have been staying at Luna Negra for the last two years since our first trip to Panama and Cambutal in late 2011 and have now stayed there 4 times and wouldn't think about staying anywhere else in Cambutal. Anita and Aaron and staff go out of their way to make sure you have a great stay and great food. The casita is perfect for a couple or a family of 4. The ocean view is spectacular and the grounds (gardens) are meticulously maintained. Luna has easy path access to the beach for surfing, snorkeling or kayaking. Not only do we recommend Luna to our friends, but we have taken family down to experience Panama, Cambutal and the unique Luna Negra experience that Anita and Aaron go out of their way to ensure.

Room Tip: We like the Casita because it is a stand alone structure on the grounds. However, we have stayed in...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Luna Negra was an absolutely amazing place to stay! The owners were so incredibly nice and helpful, that it was hard to say goodbye. I am still dreaming about the delicious breakfasts that were being served, especially the amazing fresh fruit smoothies! What a way to start the day..I definitely recommend Luna Negra...nothing but good vibes!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I camped out at Luna Negra for two weeks in May and had a great time. They prepare really amazing food, the best in the area. Anita, Aaron, & their local staff were very welcoming hosts. I would definitely go back.

USA
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Our trip to Luna Negra was amazing. Delicious food (fresh caught tuna, ceviche, rice, beans, banana bread, mangos, pineapples, homemade yogurt), great spear fishing (world class directly in front of Luna Negra) and surfing (point breaks, slabs and beach breaks) await you in Cambutal. The roads from Panama City are paved the entire way and the owners and staff on the premises were helpful, hospitable and worked tirelessly to ensure we enjoyed every moment of our vacation. They provided screened, air conditioned casitas with private baths and a safe place to call home for your vacation. I highly recommend this spot.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have traveled extensively in Central America but this was my first trip to Panama and to Cambutal. I am totally hooked and would not go anywhere else for future trips. Luna Negra is an oasis of central america. Relaxing, Secluded, Safe & Beautiful, everything you need for a vacation. By a factor of 10 they have the best dining available within 50 miles... this is not a joke. Off the charts meals! Accommodations were perfect, as were the friendly staff. Surfing.. also amazing, we surfed 5 days of overhead surf with no one else out but our group. I also did a short 2 hour spearfishing trip right of the beach and absolutely crushed it. Pargo, Triggerfish, hogfish, Grouper.. and my deepest freedive was 45ft :)

Don't think twice. Just go

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I was in Cambutal for about 10 days in March, visiting a friend. I did not stay at Luna Negra, we only went there for dinner. They had limited evenings open for business at this point in the year, but we made sure to dine there every evening possible. The hummus plate was simple but fantastic! The first night my friend and I shared, but by the second visit we learned that each of us needed our own. I can also recommend the fish tacos and the grilled shrimp/broccoli skewer. Delicious. And beyond the wonderful food, the atmosphere is very open, comfortable, and friendly. Aaron and his staff are very warm and helpful. A must stop if you get to Cambutal!

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I was at Luna Negra in the "off" season last October. Even though it was a bit rainy my stay was comfortable. Aaron was very accommodating to make my visit a good one.
I was in a cabin very close to the ocean. It is heavenly to go to sleep to the sound of the waves.
My first night there the turtles were hatching. This was an incredible experience and added to the magic of Cambutal.
The beach is so secluded. I only saw a few people riding their horses to work. Looking forward to not only returning but one day living in this beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank qjoan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambutal
Beach Break Surf Camp and Hotel Playa Venao
#2 of 5 in Cambutal
La Finca
La Finca
#3 of 5 in Cambutal

Been to Luna Negra? Share your experiences!