RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast
US$136
US$132
Mercure Gold Coast Resort(Carrara)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$97
The Emerald(Surfers Paradise)
US$128
Hotels.com
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$106
US$88
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$156
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Pool
The Island Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$83
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$107
  • Restaurant
Gold Coast Inn(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$82
1,315 results
All reviewsspa suiteexecutive packageplay golfthe executive loungeconference venuejapanese restaurantconference facilitiesgreat conferencebuffet breakfastmetricon stadiumshuttle busmountain viewattended a conferencehigh tearoom servicesurfers paradisekids playground
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The wife got a good deal on Wotif for a Saturday night. Great room overlooking pool. Large and airy. The girl at the front desk needs to smile and say hello, but was quick getting us in, quite early. The buffet was very good, included in price. The only down side was we could not get into the restaurants we wanted as they were booked out. Has to say something. We will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Popeyetheman
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed two nights at this establishment and have a very mixed opinion about it. Some of the staff on the reception desk especially the manager were rude. They gave the impression that they were being bothered. Admittedly airlines had sent a large contingent of guests to them due to the closure of the airport, but as a so-called 5 star establishment, they should be able to manage and have processes in place. At the end of the day, they were making a fortune from the airport closure.
Service right across the establishment was very inconsistent and simply doesn't deserve a 5 star rating because at the end of the day, it is largely a well trained staff that make a place stand out.
I would recommend the buffet, but not the Italian restaurant which was probably the worst Italian food I've ever eaten.
Cleanliness: the first night I stayed in a room that was dusty, the mini bar obviously hadn't been cleaned for days. The next night, the carpet was still damp from either being cleaned or an overflow from the bathroom the day before. When questioned staff could offer no explanation.
There seems to be very poor communication between management and reception staff at this establishment with front counter staff poorly trained and unable to answer many simple questions, probably due to lack of proper processes at the resort.
Room service personnel were outstanding. As I said a very inconsistent effort here and unless you love golf, I would not recommend Royal Pines.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Following a great experience at Noosa, we visited the Royal Piines for an overnighter. Wonderful room on the 12th floor with stunning views. Well appointed, with a complete array of 'home comforts' available in the room which was spotless. Dined in the Kalinda (?) Buffet and the food selection, presentation, and quality was as good as any buffet I have been too recently. My wife made a point of complementing the Manager she enjoyed the experience so much. Next day we entertained two aged relations to High Tea and that was also first class. As we had checked out, a member of staff offered to take them to the 21st floor to 'enjoy the view'. Really made the day for these two elderly ladies.
Who said good old fashioned attention to detail did not exist in Qz.
We have visited the buffet here over a number of years but the food quality and value for money has never been better. Congratulations to all .

Room Tip: Save a dollar and have breakfast the the Golf Shop. Excellent, value for money, food and service. Good Coffee.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We just stayed here for 2 nights as part of my work conference and found the service from all the staff 5 star. The meeting facilities are modern spacious and many areas to breakout around the resort. Our events manager was fantastic, whenever we asked for something it was done immediately and never a problem, all my colleagues agreed we would like to return next year. My wife spent the 2 days floating between the spa and pools and the kids loved the playground. Great stay and we will be back to enjoy a family holiday soon.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here for four nights and I'll admit right upfront that I don't play golf. My friends tell me it's a superb golf course, and it certainly looks great. However, that being said, I was totally unimpressed on arrival. The building looks like an old-government concrete block and although there are elements of 'modern' inside, it didn't impress me. The conference facilities are good and the hotel is well-organised, efficient and service-oriented.

The resort is located inland from the coast so it's not on the beachfront. The pool facilities are alright, nothing special. A taxi to the beach takes about 15-20mins and costs about $25 one-way. There are shopping centres located about 15-20mins away with similar costs by taxi.

I didn't try all the restaurants, but what I did try was average on taste and presentation.

My room was spacious, well-equipped and clean, though nothing fancy.

All-in-all a reasonable stay, but I'd probably try elsewhere if I'm on holiday.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business