“Amazing experience”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Celebrated my daughters wedding for dinner. The staff were so attentive and efficient, the wine advisor brilliant and the food was superb! Just can't speak highly enough of this restaurant. It wasn't just dining, it was a "cuisine experience". Hope to do it again one day.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious dining amongst the vines”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Intimate restaurant with lovely views out over the vineyard. Especially as our table was next to the window. We went for lunch mid week and thankfully booked ahead.

The staff were warm, attentive and very knowledgeable, they enhanced our dining experience.

Off to a great start with the warm freshly made olive bread, accompanied with local olive oil, Murray River sea salt and a butter that was simply divine. As we mentioned in our booking that my partner was coeliac, they had prepared gluten free bread as well.

We decided on two courses. To start one of us had the mackerel, enhanced by the addition of a refreshing clear tomato essence. The other had tuna, complimented with a dill foam and crisp gazpacho snow. Each dish was beautifully presented with some wonderful flavours (we found this consistent with every dish we ordered). For main one had the Beef, the locally sourced eye fillet was cooked to perfection, served with vegetables. The other had the Hapuka which offered a lovely light summer option, especially with the greens and subtle verbena veloute.

Our meal was accompanied by some lovely wines, both local and international. We ordered by the glass and thanks to the staff’s vast knowledge were able to enjoy a selection of different wines to accompany our dishes.

Unfortunately we had no room for dessert but looking forward to going back again so we can sample it next time.

• Visited January 2014
“Foodies, go there; you will not regret it!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Had been highly recommended to us by a few people but I didn't think there would be SUCH high quality, beautifully crafted and executed dishes. And at amazing prices, too.

The dill gnocci with cauliflower kale wild mushrooms and mousses to die for of both wild mushroom and beetroot. It looked a million dollars and it tasted even better. I was pleasantly suprised by the generous portions too (suited me just fine, but also great for 2 diners sharing a starter & desert plus a main each, ie those wanting to experience the menu without getting too stuffed!)

My partner's lamb was the most tender and fat-free I've tasted in years; my snapper melted in my mouth (although the calamari was just a little too salt-seasoned for me); the sides of knipfler potatoes, and a combo of green bean, beetroot, orange and local soft cheese were great for sharing & delish.

Desert. What can I say? Stupendous doesn't do it justice. Sunny Ridge Strawberries with a coconut pannacotta, dried strawberries, little strawberry jelly squares, a strawberry & Crete fraiche ice cream and a strawberry sauce below. Heaven.

Even my non-foodie partner had a ball with all the dishes he ordered & he loved the whole experience.

Service was a highly knowledgeable and understated dream. Wines were sublime. The cellar is enormous... You could have fun choosing some rare delights here.

We loved it so much we bought our friends a voucher to enjoy the 5 course degustation (imagine!) & some sparkling 10X. I can't wait to hear their experience & live the 10X dream once again vicariously through them!

Well done winemakers, chefs, growers, and waiting staff. You made this Londoner one happy lady

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JewelsinLondon
Melbourne
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Elegant yet with a casual feel, lovely atmosphere looking over vineyards. Food was to die for and service was excellent. We had lunch in the middle of the week so booking was easy, good luck trying to get in on the weekend!

Visited April 2013
“NO KIDS ALLOWED!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Called up to make a booking for 6 adults and a toddler. After reading a scathing review from another family who had to leave unless their child ordered off the main menu, I thought I'd check if it was ok. I spoke with Graham and asked if there was anything for kids on the menu and he said 'kipfler potatoes'. I said 'can the mother bring a snack for her two year old? ' to which Graham replied 'No outside food is permitted unless it is stored under controlled conditions.'. Firstly what the $#@/ does that mean? and secondly what the $#@/ does that mean? I said 'why don't you just say NO KIDS?' He said 'we have no problem with kids'. 'So what else can children eat off the menu?'. To which he replied 'Quail'. I said 'a 2 year old hasn't quite matured to the level of eating Quail just yet.' We've been here once before and had a great experience. Never again though!!

6 Thank unowil