“Average service, bland food”

Ten Minutes by Tractor Restaurant
Reserve with
Ten Minutes by Tractor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Main Ridge
Price range: US$70 - US$118
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Average service, bland food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We felt the quality of the service and food had slipped dramatically since the last visit. I had been telling visitors that this was THE place to go on the Peninsula, but won't be doing that in future.

Tuna entree was incredibly bland, main course duck breast was grey and overcooked, kangaroo main was basically meat, vegetables and gravy artistically deconstructed and sprinkled with micro herbs; anyone who had watched even series one of Masterchef could see straight through this dish.

The first two courses were so uninspiring we didn't bother with dessert, but even so including wine the bill was well over $100 each. Service was patchy and not up to the standard expected at this price level.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Julian W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great space, great service, too much food!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Almost enjoyed the 8 course degustation with matching local wines. I say almost as I couldn't finish the last two courses! Food was enjoyable although the seafood courses were the standout. The quail was unfortunately overcooked and a little chewy and was the only thing I pointed out as I was really looking forward to that one. The cooking technique used for the duck and the beef, I think was probably sous vide and was not quite right but still delicious. I was slightly disappointed at the lack of creativity for a two hat restaurant but I enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere never the less. The sommelier was excellent, Kristen, and very personable. We enjoyed her engagement on the wines selected for the meal. I'd stick to the 5 course or order a la carte if I was to go again, but with other good restaurants in the area, I don't know that I would. Prices were as expected for a two hatted place. Book a shuttle as taxi's won't show up if you don't want to drive.

Visited August 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely sensational!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I've lived on the Peninsula for years and didn't realise what a gem was tucked away in Red Hill. My husband and I met Martin at a wine and beer event at Vue de Monde earlier this year, and were sure that such a craftsman would produce food outstanding enough to match his wines. We weren't disappointed.

We went this evening for our anniversary, and the food was truly excellent - from the butter on the bread rolls to the macaroon on departure, every bite was meticulously crafted and beautifully presented.

We opted for the 3 course menu (2 entrees and a main, opting out of dessert) - I had the goat and quail entrees with the barramundi main, all of which were delicious and different. So many amazing flavours! He had the trout, hock, and pork shoulder and seemed quite pleased.

The service was fantastic - very attentive and incredibly knowledgable, but also personable and generous. When I asked for wine pairings to accompany the dishes I'd chosen, the gentlemen conferred and brought out something not normally available by the glass. I don't normally enjoy Chardonnay, but their suggestion was spot on and it was perfect. It was so enjoyable on its own that I didn't want the food to mask the flavour!

The service was so gracious, it was like being a guest in someone's home. Our coats were taken on arrival, we were given petit fours for the road, and on leaving were also given a little note reminding us of the food and drinks we had enjoyed that evening. Little touches like these, as well as using locally produced and seasonal ingredients, really made for a very special experience in a region I love, and thought that I knew so well.

I noticed they also have a degustation menu, and some dangerous looking desserts, so I look forward to returning soon. If you have the time, stop in, don't miss out.

1 Thank ENSimpson
Sydney, Australia
“Tasting's a treat!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Really lovely tasting room and I loved the wines at TMBT. Service was great and the food served looked fabulous. They sell WITS which stands for Wine In Tubes, just 100mls in each test tube and you can buy a sampler of 4 WITS which makes a great gift.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jenny255060
Melbourne, Australia
“Go on an empty stomach”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We went for our two year anniversary and were not disappointed.
We had the 8 course degustation and
everything was cooked to perfection. They even made special dishes for my pregnant wife. The staff were on top of everything.
The only issue with the food was that the dishes at the end were not as tasty; a little bland even... This made the end of the meal, when we were full, a bit of an anti-climax.
But overall we enjoyed it.

2 Thank Choclove23