“Felt like a food court”

US$115.63*
Mornington Peninsula Cheese, Chocolate and Wine Tasting Day Trip from Melbourne
US$118.82*
and up
Mornington Peninsula Winery Tour Including Wine Tastings and 2-Course Lunch...
US$126.79*
and up
Boutique Mornington Peninsula Strawberry Farm Chocolate and Winery Tour with...
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Main Ridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in the hills of Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, T'Gallant is famous for pioneering Pinot Gris and Pinot Grigio in Australia in the 1990s. Today we continue our tradition of producing fresh, food-friendly Australian wines with vibrant personalities inspired by the Italian and provincial way of life. Step inside our charming Cellar Door and swirl a glass or two with our savvy cellar door team. Then graze and gaze in the rustic ambiance of our famous Spuntino Bar - the birthplace of Roman style pizza on the Peninsula - serving up mouth-watering Italian food paired with our unique selection of wines. With both indoor and outdoor dining areas, and live music on weekends, T'Gallant ticks all the boxes for one of the most deliciously unique destinations on the Peninsula road map.
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Felt like a food court”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in to this winery for some pizza and wine on the recommendation of a friend, felt like I walked into a cattle yard. The place was so chaotic and the staff seemed either a)rude and uninterested or b) totally overwhelmed. Took me 15 minutes to order - I was only behind 1 other couple, as the line behind me grew it was finally my turn to order and I was suprised the only girl taking orders then left the register to clear tables. Sat in the back room with my partner which was shared with a few families and a large group. The group were pretty much screaming, we both felt like we were in a club and cpyld barely hear each others conversation. After watching them try to through antipasto into each others mouths down the table, missing and instead repeatedly hitting the walls around them we found another table outside. Ordered pizza, it was ok, nothing id rush back for. Didn't bother with wine tasting, couldn't get out quick enough. Head down the road to 10 minutes by tractor, miles above T'Gallant!

1 Thank TaraPaul

Hervey Bay, Australia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Was too busy that we weren't even served”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived on a Friday and tried to get a seat for 6 people for lunch. The service from the waitress was scatty and poor. The cellar door attendant was far too busy and was serving one type of wine to over 25 people. We wanted to taste a red - but were told that we had to wait until all of the whites were tasted by everyone in the cellar.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Camilla M
Seattle, Washington
375 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 424 helpful votes
“Amazingly Energetic Attendant”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Came here as part of a wine tour and was really impressed. Our large group of 40 was escorted to a large room in the back which was ready to receive us. They had all the wine glasses out and ready and the attendant was spunky and very informed about the wines. The wines themselves weren’t my favorite but the place was warm, comfortable and the attendant spent the time to explain to us each wine and how we should be drinking the wines. As we walked out you pass the dining hall and kitchens and the food smelled amazing (didn’t eat there).

Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wine tasting - terrible experience”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I went to purchase wine, the tasting held by Mia was so rushed and unprofessional as she served another group mid way through our tasting. As I can understand it was a busy weekend, some extra staff might not go astray. I found her attitude so rude I walked out and didn't purchase the case of wine i came for.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank Pearl T
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Delicious wine and food, wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

T'Gallant is truly a gem of main ridge. Its wines are divine and their staff are friendly and knowledgeable.

The wines are delicious and i didnt come across a single one that i didnt like.

I'd also recommend to stay for a while and enjoy their wonderful food and live music.

Visited May 2014