Quamby Estate
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf coursebeautiful venueheated bathroom floorscooked breakfastbridal partycradle mountainsuperior roomoverland trackperiod furnitureplay golfany requestsfamily weddingold world charmguest housetwo nightsbreakfast and dinnermuesli
Reviewed 27 May 2014

we just gasped when we approached the estate it was just incredible, the views and the grounds were for walking of which we did, The rooms were very small and no chance of anyone else in the bathroom room for one only, very cramped, I went for a walk whilst my hubby showered and got dressed, now the big problem.....we ate dinner at the estate and it cost $120.00 for 2 courses and my word the first course was indescribable, we only hoped it would get better but the main course was just awful....$120 down the drain not worth complaining cause we were the only ones in the dinning room, waitress popped in now and again.

Room Tip: Don't eat here we just didn't want to travel into town and wished we had. if you like a bit of a room in your suite, this is not for you, but the grounds and the area is just fantastic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mary1949
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed for two nights in March. Room was lovely and the house was very interesting. The staff were very young and were delightful but not enough experience or maturity when you are paying top dollar. The young staff tried their best. No Manager in sight for the Friday and Saturday night. Dinner on Saturday evening was very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Quamby homestead was absolutely beautiful and a wonderful place to stay for a couple of nights. The estate grounds were also wonderfully well kept and a pleasure to stroll or take one of the bikes around. Service was nice and the rooms were clean and warm. Real log fires were kept on in all the sitting rooms which was a lovely touch and amazing to come home and a glass of wine from the bar after doing long walks around Cradle Mountain. The continental breakfast that was included was adequate, nice bread and standard condiments with fruits and cereals.

I would highly recommend Quamby to anyone.

Room Tip: I think the 'standard' room might be near the dining area which might not be the ideal room to be in so try to avoid that and get another room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Quamby sets such a high standard with the beautiful restoration of the building and the careful maintenance of the grounds. I really enjoyed my spa room and the free wifi made it easy to work without any hassles. A light breakfast is included which was also fine. I think the accommodation is good value if you get the internet rates. Like others I was disappointed with the food service. as a non-meat eater the menu options were limited and my adapted meal arrived lukewarm looking much less attractive than the standard option served to my neighbours. I was dining alone and the courses were rushed which seemed strange given we were all house guests with no where else to go!
Congratulations Quamby on the wonderful accommodation and setting, just the food service that needs attention.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here prior to joining the Cradle Mountain Huts - 6 day overland walk. It was a lovely experience, I was upgraded on arrival. The room was warm, beautifully appointed and the whole property is like stepping into the past ( but with all mod conveniences). The staff make you feel like a welcomed old friend, and nothing was too much trouble. The evening meal was wonderful and so was the breakfast, much more than the continental breakfast, I had expected. Excellent value!

Room Tip: I was in Room ( at the top of the stairs, Canopy Bed and Bath in the room as well as ensuite!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo