“Very disappointed, will not come back”

Suburban Extended Stay Avondale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The pictures look a lot better than the actual place. The best part about the room was the flat screen tv. The bed, bathroom, kitchen aren't very nice. Aside from that, we were traveling with a baby and a 4 yr old, late to a wedding, and our room didn't have a shower curtain. After unpacking, and quickly getting the kids a bath, we asked front desk for a curtain and they said the only option was to switch rooms. Instead of getting a curtain from the room they'd switch us to? Or have a spare curtain? They offered to give us extra towels to line the floor. Completely unbelievable. We didn't have time to switch rooms so we just cut the trip short and stayed the one night. Don't go to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HWoodsy
There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay Avondale

Reviewed 6 July 2010

So I called and booked this hotel through Choice Hotels. I requested a non-smoking room for just one night. When we got to the hotel, apparently the agent had booked us in a smoking room with double beds. So, anyone who can understand my situation will know how I felt. We went to the front desk and spoke to them about it that if there wasn't any noon- smoking room available that we be refunded our money or credit towards another stay which will be non-smoking. The front desk receptionists basically, without showing any empathy said,well since this is same day reservation nothing can be done about it; but what if the wrong room was booked? He said call the manager Monday to sort it out. I called the manager who nonchalantly told me to call "whoever" I made the reservation through to sort this out as the room was reserved and no one stayed there that night. Do I Believe that? No! Her name is CARMEN and she showed no empathy or understanding. Now, I wonder if she was caught up in a situation like ours and charged $145 to their credit card, how would she feel? Front desk service when we enetered was HORRIBLE, the rooms were not that great either especially after walking through and not worth the value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beepsluv1
Reviewed 8 April 2007

I stayed here this past March 2007 and the hotel was in excellent condition. Friendly staff, great location and extremely clean rooms with full kitchens. Overall this is my home away from home when I'm in New Orleans from now on.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 9to5er
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Candlewood Suites Avondale-New Orleans
Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport
Comfort Suites New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#111 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Avondale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Suburban Extended Stay Avondale

Address: 3051 Highway 90 W, Avondale, LA 70094-2758
Region: United States > Louisiana > Avondale
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Price Range: £39 - £73 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Suburban Extended Stay Avondale 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Suburban Extended Stay Avondale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.