“Very nice and clean rooms for a budget/extended stay hotel!!”

Suburban Extended Stay Avondale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Louisiana
“Very nice and clean rooms for a budget/extended stay hotel!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for a few nights now and was really surprised at the quality and how clean this hotel is. Some rooms seem to smell better than others but none are that bad. Some of the rooms have newer updated furniture but even the rooms with the other furniture are in my opinion a good value and clean. From what I've gathered the double rooms have the newer furniture and are larger. The kitchen has a nice large refrigerator and stovetop to cook. The counters are granite (or atlease they look and feel like it) and the bathroom is room and most importantly clean. The hotel pool is very small and I haven't seem anyone in it but they also have plenty of BBQ grills around back if you want to grill up a meal. The hotel has a small fitness room with free weights and a treadmill and also have a computer and printer for guest use. Overall not bad at all and the staff has been very friendly!

Room Tip: The double bed rooms are larger then the single bed rooms and seem to have newer furniture.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Destin, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

The pictures look a lot better than the actual place. The best part about the room was the flat screen tv. The bed, bathroom, kitchen aren't very nice. Aside from that, we were traveling with a baby and a 4 yr old, late to a wedding, and our room didn't have a shower curtain. After unpacking, and quickly getting the kids a bath, we asked front desk for a curtain and they said the only option was to switch rooms. Instead of getting a curtain from the room they'd switch us to? Or have a spare curtain? They offered to give us extra towels to line the floor. Completely unbelievable. We didn't have time to switch rooms so we just cut the trip short and stayed the one night. Don't go to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HWoodsy
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

So I called and booked this hotel through Choice Hotels. I requested a non-smoking room for just one night. When we got to the hotel, apparently the agent had booked us in a smoking room with double beds. So, anyone who can understand my situation will know how I felt. We went to the front desk and spoke to them about it that if there wasn't any noon- smoking room available that we be refunded our money or credit towards another stay which will be non-smoking. The front desk receptionists basically, without showing any empathy said,well since this is same day reservation nothing can be done about it; but what if the wrong room was booked? He said call the manager Monday to sort it out. I called the manager who nonchalantly told me to call "whoever" I made the reservation through to sort this out as the room was reserved and no one stayed there that night. Do I Believe that? No! Her name is CARMEN and she showed no empathy or understanding. Now, I wonder if she was caught up in a situation like ours and charged $145 to their credit card, how would she feel? Front desk service when we enetered was HORRIBLE, the rooms were not that great either especially after walking through and not worth the value.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beepsluv1
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2007

I stayed here this past March 2007 and the hotel was in excellent condition. Friendly staff, great location and extremely clean rooms with full kitchens. Overall this is my home away from home when I'm in New Orleans from now on.

• Liked — Really clean hotel and better than the rooms I saw at the other hotels
  • Disliked — No pool, but I was told that they were about to construct one in a few months
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 9to5er
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Candlewood Suites Avondale-New Orleans
Super 8 New Orleans
Super 8 New Orleans
#91 of 161 in New Orleans
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,478 reviews

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Avondale? Share your experiences!