“Terrible Service”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed 6 July 2010

So I called and booked this hotel through Choice Hotels. I requested a non-smoking room for just one night. When we got to the hotel, apparently the agent had booked us in a smoking room with double beds. So, anyone who can understand my situation will know how I felt. We went to the front desk and spoke to them about it that if there wasn't any noon- smoking room available that we be refunded our money or credit towards another stay which will be non-smoking. The front desk receptionists basically, without showing any empathy said,well since this is same day reservation nothing can be done about it; but what if the wrong room was booked? He said call the manager Monday to sort it out. I called the manager who nonchalantly told me to call "whoever" I made the reservation through to sort this out as the room was reserved and no one stayed there that night. Do I Believe that? No! Her name is CARMEN and she showed no empathy or understanding. Now, I wonder if she was caught up in a situation like ours and charged $145 to their credit card, how would she feel? Front desk service when we enetered was HORRIBLE, the rooms were not that great either especially after walking through and not worth the value.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beepsluv1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
nyc
Reviewed 8 April 2007

I stayed here this past March 2007 and the hotel was in excellent condition. Friendly staff, great location and extremely clean rooms with full kitchens. Overall this is my home away from home when I'm in New Orleans from now on.

• Liked — Really clean hotel and better than the rooms I saw at the other hotels
  • Disliked — No pool, but I was told that they were about to construct one in a few months
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 9to5er
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Candlewood Suites Avondale-New Orleans
Super 8 New Orleans
Super 8 New Orleans
#97 of 162 in New Orleans
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,499 reviews

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Avondale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Suburban Extended Stay Avondale

Property: Suburban Extended Stay Avondale
Address: 3051 Highway 90 W, Avondale, LA 70094-2758
Region: United States > Louisiana > Avondale
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Suburban Extended Stay Avondale 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suburban Extended Stay Avondale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.