“Excellent Service, Meal, Ambience”

The Gathering Table Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ballard
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Alamo Pintado
Description: Among the most exceptional and sophisticated Ballard, California restaurants is The Gathering Table. With its captivating and comfortable atmosphere, The Gathering Table is the perfect place for friends and family to come together for a warm, social dining experience celebrating the bounty of the Santa Barbara wine country – wonderful wine and delicious food! Chef Budi Kazali artistically melds Asian and French cuisine to deliver a truly delectable and extensive menu that features seasonal, locally sourced produce, seafood, and meats. Whether you’re reconnecting with family and friends at our communal gathering table, or with that special someone at one of our more intimate tables, you’re in for a truly remarkable dining experience. There's something on the menu for everyone, and all the dishes are small plates and meant to be shared, so come hungry!
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had an excellent dinner here. We all agree the food, service and ambience was excellent. The dining room is small, probably seats no more than 30, and the evening we were there they were quite busy and it was a Wednesday night. While there were really only two gals serving the room there was no issue, and the food was delicious. Prices were fair and wine list adequate. Definitely would go there again.

There are newer reviews for The Gathering Table Restaurant

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I set up the reservation online for my anniversary and expecting a new child. A table was available upon arrival. Wait staff was very nice and knowledgeable. My wine discussion was great and very informative.

My wife ordered beef tenderloin and had a conversation about needing it cooked well since she was pregnant. She declined the duck because the server suggested it be cooked med rare. Good save. I got the duck.

The duck came cooked medium and half of my wife's meat was pink rare. Not being a complainer she ate the other half.

I didn't expect anything for mentioning my anniversary but apparently they didn't either. Not a word. Maybe it was a dessert surprise but by then we opted for dessert somewhere else. Someone apologized for the plate, oh well. Things happen but if your relying on a Zagat rating of "fabulous" you better BE fabulous. Not this time...

1  Thank Kaboom165
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Every time we eat at the Ballard Inn restaurant we marvel at the outstanding food, service, and ambience. We plan our trips to stopover in Solvang/Ballard area in order to have dinner there. This week the Black Cod entree was one of the best seafood dishes we have ever had--with the asian complex flavors it was simply delicious. The hamachi and pork belly appetizers were excellent again. This restaurant is a gem---not to missed if you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Service could use some improvement, but I guess that's probably the challenge around here. The food is pretty good. I would certainly come here instead of The Brother's nonsense Restaurant. The flavors are bold, fairly confident. I would consider it one of this valley's best spots.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Dining room a bit noisy and could use some decorating style although the building has loads of charm but the food, wine and service were excellent...on a par with any fine restaurant.