“Don't trust this place!!!!!”
Review of The Eltisley

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Eltisley
Ranked #1 of 1 Eltisley B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Don't trust this place!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Myself, my fiancée and my 6 month old baby had booked a room at The Eltisley to see my family around 6-8 weeks in advance. We had been for a couple of meals there in the past and it had been nice. We arrived on the day to find that there was a wedding there. Odd. I walked into the pub and was looked at as if I had taken a leak on their porch. I explained that I had a reservation booked, but once again I was looked at in a confused manner. I was told that my room was GIVEN AWAY to the wedding party, but not to worry, I had been booked into a premier inn at MY EXPENSE 6 MILES AWAY. With no apology I was told there was nothing they could do other than pay for the taxi there and back. As we were visiting family I'm not sure they had taken into account how many times we would need to go back to the hotel having a 6 month old baby. We politely declined this ridiculous offer as we weren't in the mood to lug our things to and fro. The staff were rude and unapologetic. DO NOT TRUST THIS PLACE!!!!

Room Tip: Couldn't say, didn't get that chance
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank gethycymro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Anyone who has ever looked for travel accommodation in Britain knows it is often space-efficient, i.e. undersized, and on the expensive side. Sadly, this is one of the not so good examples. For £65.00 one gets a tiny, stuffy room (I wouldn’t want to know what it must be like when it is hot outside), a mouldy bathroom and a worn out interior (complete with holes in the carpet, missing light bulbs, etc.). These are nicely complemented by a non-existing breakfast (bar two glass pots of cereal and milk), no soap and hand towel, and the fact that trying to check out before lunchtime is a matter of chance, since nobody might be there to take your money. In restaurants, inns or pubs with rooms the latter are more often than not an afterthought with no one really looking after that part of the business. The neglect is usually rather obvious, as in case of The Eltisley. I really don’t like writing bad reviews but I am afraid here the verdict can only be: AVOID!, especially for that kind of money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peterbilt_Wanderer

Travellers are raving about these Eltisley hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for one night during a trip to Cambridge. We wanted somewhere cheap yet pleasant to stay which wasn't too far from the city - The Eltisley didn't disappoint.

Although we didn't eat in the restaurant, it was very busy on our arrival and looked lovely. We were promptly shown to our room which, to our surprise, was located outside in the garden. There were (I believe) six rooms, located in a row of wooden cabins. Very quaint.

Our room was small but simple and suited our needs perfectly. It felt very welcoming with its modern, chic decor and its warmth. I was delighted to find a mini fridge in the room with complimentary bottled water, milk and orange juice. The TV was very small with a limited number of channels but since it was only a short stay, TV quality wasn't essential. We also found a selection of cereals and tea and coffee facilities included in the price. We had a peaceful night's sleep in the comfy bed with lots of cushions.

I'm afraid it's the bathroom lets this accommodation down. It was a good size and clean however, I found the lack of hand soap rather frustrating. A bar of soap or a bottle of hand gel would have been hugely appreciated! Shampoo and shower gel was provided but it's not the same. The hot tap was also very frustrating because the water would come out after a short delay at great speed in a big blast which would splash over my clothes - not ideal!

Other than this, we had a very pleasant stay. If you're looking for somewhere simple and affordable just outside of Cambridge city to stay for a night or two then the Eltisley is ideal. I would definitely stay here again but I will make a point of asking for soap next time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank baileytoday
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My supper at the Eltisly inspired me to comment for anyone looking for an affordable delicious meal served by friendly helpful staff in an attractive and comfortable setting beautifully decorated. I had the goats cheese to start followed by traditional fish and chips accompanied with mushy peas.All perfectly cooked and brilliantly presented with all necessary accompaniments.The quality of the fish was excellent and the batter crunchy as were the natural chips.The best I've ever had!
I was also very impressed with my nights accomodation at the Eltisely.
Very cosy comfortable room fitted out with all the facilities that makes a nights rest pleasurable and memorable.Attention to detail was impressive.Restful colours,quiet ambiance and service area stocked with mini fridge, fresh milk, mineral water, kettle, cerials with all relative crockery.
The temperature was just right and the shower had good pressure with good quality towels and floor mats.It was great value for the money.I highly recommend The Eltisly for a perfect nights rest.

Room Tip: All rooms equally quiet, well fitted out and welcoming with effective interior design. THE LARGEST I...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank gerro2014
Bedford, UK
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Have popped in here twice for lunch over the past few months. The first time we both had a quick burger which was delicious. The service was fab, and there was a good choice of wine. Popped in there today for Sunday lunch - and it was even better this time. The starters ( Potted pork, and Salmon) were delicious - very filling too. The mains - (Burger (again), and Chicken with chorizo and bacon) were really, really lovely. The service is a little slow - but the staff are really friendly and are doing all they can to make your expreience enjoyable. We'll be back - and I can't wait!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
eltisley, Manager at The Eltisley, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us. The potted pork is a new addition to our menu, and it has proven to be very popular. We are really proud of our home-made burgers, they sure are some of the best in the area. I will definitely pass your comments on to our chef.

We hope to see you very soon!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Visited on the 14th December for a romantic meal and was left feeling really disappointed with the poor service. we were left waiting throughout the evening. drinks turned up promptly however after that it was a constant effort trying to catch someones eye for service. then the coup de grace was when it was time to pay, after finally waiting for an age for someone to collect our payment they forgot (i'm assuming) to return with our change! i didnt want to make an issue of it so we left, i guess thats how they receive their tips?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colin s
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is a lovely cosy pub with very friendly helpful staff but the food was a real let down. The nibbles we ordered were nice which consisted of tempura vegetables, halumi and breads with dipping oils. But the starters and main food were poor. If we hadn't been visiting for my grandmothers birthday we would have complained but we didn't want to spoil the occasion. They had run out of the main course we all wanted and also had no ketchup! We wouldn't have minded but we had a 10 year old with us who wasn't so pleased!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Holly939
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eltisley
The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
#1 of 1 in Hilton
Island Inn
Island Inn
#1 of 1 in Papworth Everard

Been to The Eltisley? Share your experiences!