“A fabulous weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast

Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penally
Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Penally B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A fabulous weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a fabulous time this weekend at Brambles. We received a warm and friendly welcome. The owners couldn't do enough for us. Even offering to drive us into Tenby in th evening. Our room was clean and homely. We slept really well and the breakfast was superb.Our hosts were really keen to make sure we had sufficient tea,toast etc whilst keeping usentertained too. We were also asked if we would ike the hot tub warming up, but we forgot our swimwear.

Great place great people at a price that doesn't break the bank!

We will certainly go back again.

Room Tip: There is a downstairs room suitable fro elderly/infirm.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Eileen L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Both myself and my other half had a lovely time at the Brambles Lodge. We only stayed one night but from the short time we were there we experienced a fantastic welcome,full delicious breakfast and a lovely spacious room to stay in.
The owners are wonderful kind people and I would recomend their B and B to anyone. We plan to return at some point this summer with our dog.
Thank you both for a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Danielle W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Please please wot ever u do don't stay at this place. I wouldn't let my dog stay there we left after one night as the thought of staying two nights made us feel physically sick! Let me list why

•extremely run down
•Strong smell of damp and mustiness
•Furniture and decor from the 1960s
•The bathroom was tiny and the shower was filthy the fan looked like it hadn't been cleaned for years
•No heating on throughout stay meaning bed sheets felt damp
Carpets had stains and looked very tired

Let's start with breakfast picked a yogurt for my daughter and when opened found it was mouldy although it was in date. We went for full English breakfasts and after two mouthfuls I discovered a long brown hair in the beans, disgusting! We went back to our rooms changed and left.

Also Tenby is a good 10 mins away in car taxi is £10 each way

This is an honest review of how we felt fair to say we will never be returning.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Lax-1085
midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I read the reviews and decided to try for myself! We were greeted and welcomed, shown to our room which had a comfy bed as well as a separate sitting room, only downside was the en-suite shower was tiny but not a problem. The breakfasts were plentiful and hospitality fantastic! Evening meals were good simple plain cooking but again plentiful. The hotel was clean and towels were changed and beds made every day. Yes it needs some decor but thats not a major problem and for £35 a night you cannot expect the HIlton! Overall I would say excellent value for money if you just want somewhere to sleep and freshen up and have breakfast. Sadly the spa area was closed during this visit but it looked nice. Good for walking up to the coastal path where the views are awesome! Also only a 10 minute drive from Tenby. Don't be put off by bad reviews from the past, the couple who run this place clearly work very hard!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ladysweetpea
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Having read a poor review the day before was due to stay there for three nights I arrived at Brambles Lodge with a heavy heart. How wrong could I have been. Myself and my daughter had a very pleasant 3 night stay there and would definately return. Jan and Gerald were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was really good and my daughter really impressed with her dippy egg every morning. This is no meand feat th impress her and she is only four. They were full of local knowledge of where to go whats to do and where to eat. My daughter didnt want to leave and wants to return as soon as possible. We've got no reason not to. Than You Brambles lodge

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tracey m
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

The place could benefit with more regular cleaning schedules and a lot of airing.
A powerful smell of damp came drifting as soon as I opened the bedroom door, I could even smell the dampness in the wardrobe. The bathroom was appalling, dirty shower, curtains and shower mat. Bedding and towels were clean and fresh, the only positiveness of this place.
Overall, worst place I stayed in so far. Thanks, but not thanks

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

Brilliant place,comfortable and welcoming. I think the -ve reports are a bit unfounded.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnB020

Been to Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!