“Brilliant”

Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penally
Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Penally B&B and Inns
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Loved our stay here staff were very friendly and helpful, the room we stayed in was very homely lovely big comfy bed, nice clean sheets.
Breakfast was really nice thoroughly enjoyed it lots to choose from, Overall fantastic stay would recommend it to anyone will definitely be booking again for this year in the summer!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank d0nna1989

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

If you want your holiday ruined in an instant stay here.As you drive up to the house,its peeling paint and gloomy aspect strike a note of caution immediately.This feeling is compounded as you walk into the house and see the 1960's multi patterned carpets,musty smell of damp and cooking fat and the tiny so called en suite shower room - so small the sink has to go outside.
The old cigarette butts by the front door and overflowing ashtray on the patio all help to create an air of decay.The "full English" breakfast is for people who like hot tinned tomatoes and something purporting to be fried bread,all garnished by soggy cornflakes and awful plastic jams.
To top it all off there is a very good view from on high of the local railway line and A4139 some 80 yards away. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank princecharlie
MollyTenby, Owner at Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
It is hard to take a review seriously when it is posted at least 4 months after their visit. Gerald had major surgery on his hands last year making maintenance very difficult but all has been brought up to scratch now. The room that they stayed in is one of our most popular and is constantly being asked for!! ANYONE WHO THINKS THE VIEW FROM THE FRONT OF BRAMBLES LODGE IS LESS THAT FANTASTIC SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM OUR BEAUTIFUL PEMBROKESHIRE.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

As previous reviews have stated, the towels and sheets were clean and I'm sure the owners are quite pleasant although we didn't have much to do with them. However, the whole building is grubby, musty and smells. The dated decor does not bother me in the slightest but I really object to paying for a room that clearly hasn't been thoroughly in a while. Elbow grease is free.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Benny1560
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have just returned from Brambles Lodge B&B. I am a regular contributor to Trip Advisor as my husband and I travel a lot and on this occasion I feel bad to write negative things about my stay here, however I have to be honest about my experiences. The owners are, from our experience, incredibly nice people who we found to be friendly, helpful and accommodating to our needs. Unfortunately the B&B itself is very run down, tired, musty and needs improving in many ways. Im not going to write a huge list of faults as I think the owners themselves are aware of what they need to do to the property and the facilities to improve it. The B&B is in a good location and in easy walking distance to a beach and several local pubs. You can walk to Tenby along the beach which I imagine would be a pleasant walk on a nice day but it would not be a easy walk along the roads.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sandra h
MollyTenby, Owner at Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I am glad these people found us to be pleasant as we do try to be friendly and welcoming to all our guests. Indeed there are many things that need improving in the property and we will shortly be redecorating many of the rooms, reception area and dining room. We cannot do this in the season as people on the whole do not like the smell of paint. Unfortunately we are still recovering from a rather long recession and in the past three years have made little profit from the business and therefore have not been able to put money into improvements. In fact last year was so bad we had to dip into personal savings to get through the winter season. It is a large property and the everyday expenses are extortionate. We have been in this business 7 years and have only put our prices up once and only by a small amount.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I hadn't read the reviews before staying here, as we called in by chance. Thank goodness I didn't or I may of missed a stay at a friendly, homely more than adequate B&B. we stayed three nights as we passed along the coast and had a lovely time. Yes it is a bit dated, but taking into account that we are in the midst of the longest recession and this is a small independent business not a multi national company it is doing its best to survive in a spiralling industry. Little Places like these are always the best with real characters running them, a boutique hotel it is not, but for the price you couldn't ask for more. We were offered lifts into Tenby at night and found the food very good, the room was clean and comfortable. The scenery and coastline is stunning. Do not be put off by bad reviews, this is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EstaWilson
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The place was tired and run down, paint peeling off the outside of the building. The room we stayed in smelt musty and everything we took even clothes we didn't wear have bad to be washed because they now smell. The room was freezing with no working heating (and when I mentioned this the next morning - I got screamed at by the woman "it's bloody the middle of June and its red hot". And than she ran off into the private room and slammed the door in my face.

The TV wasn't working and we followed the wires which were all over the floor to the beginning of the extension to find filth! Turning the cold water tap on, resulted in black stuff coming out!

And they said dog friendly but they are not, lock your dog in your car???? That's what I was told at one point. This is when we left, the point of going there was so I could take the dogs with me everywhere!

Don't go!! That's my advise!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Nikkiwoody
MollyTenby, Owner at Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
We are a dog friendly establishment and have never had any problems before with dogs or their owners. I very politely told this woman that dogs were not allowed in the Dining Room and to put them in the car whilst she had breakfast. She then told me that she could not leave them in the car alone and I am not surprised as they were the worst behaved dogs I have ever encountered and obviously had not even had any basic dog training. The room does not smell musty it smells of carpet shampoo as we ALWAYS shampoo carpets after dogs visit. The TV in all rooms are working and I know this partiicular one was as I heard it at 3.45 am that morning. No we did not have the central heating on as the temperature that day was in excess of 25 degrees centigrade and most of the other customers slept with the bedroom windows open as I did.
I do agree that the paintwork outside needs some attention but my partner is just recovering from surgery to his hands and will be adressing this when his hands are fully recovered.
The remaining guests in the Dining Room were surprised and amused by this womans behaviour but did agree that dogs should be kept out of Dining areas!
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Just like the area this b&b was an ideal stopping point ,the couple who run Brambles Lodge were very friendly and accommodating.The room was large and airy,with all the usual accompaniments .As a keen coffee drinker I asked for extra milk and coffee with no fuss . The breakfast was very good well cooked and plentiful.

The area is beautiful with lots of coastal walks and hidden beaches,Tenby is full of history and curiosity well worth a visit for walkers and fishermen.

I will defiantly be planning another trip back to this base-camp.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 125shaun

Been to Brambles Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!