“Very Good but not excellent ”
Review of The Park Royal

The Park Royal
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stretton
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend last month with a group of friends. The rooms are lovely , clean and the linen and bed is of a high standard. All grades of staff were friendly and polite and dealt with check in etc very efficiently . My only concern was that at our buffet meal on Saturday evening some of the basics were run out of. This should never happen and was disappointing . All in all though this was a very pleasant stay and I will return. I only hope next time I can say Excellent rather than just very good .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Larius66
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Larius66
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of 'the Park Royal on TripAdvisor and for your very kind and complimentary words. I have shared your feedback regarding your buffet with both the kitchen and service team to ensure that we avoid similar issues for future guests.
We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and once again thank you for you feedback
Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (1,564)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel many times on business, have found the rooms a good size, clean and comfortable. Staff have been polite, friendly and accommodating, hotel facilities are good.

Bar staff and attentive and professional, generally always a good experience in the hotel. It can get very busy, but always a consistent level of service.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Raj S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your most recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoying staying here and find all my staff attentive and genuinely caring people. As you can see by other review I pride myself in having such a great team around me at the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed recently and as always the staff were superb. Spacious room, excellent breakfast. Staff were friendly and a number of them remembered me from a previous trip. I shall always stay here when in Warrington.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear MJNF,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that we are your preferred hotel choice when you are in the Warrington area due to our wonderful staff. I do pride myself on having excellent staff who genuinely care about our customers and making there stay memorable.
I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The good parts-the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
The treatments were lovely and the staff very professional.
Everywhere seemed very clean and nice changing rooms.

The not so good-the outside areas of the hotel need tidying up. Overgrown lawns don't look four star. The outdoor seating area near the pool was also very overgrown.

The swimming pool area was not a relaxing experience. Loads of kids and not enough loungers. Not what you need when you have paid to escape the kids! Part of the pool couldn't be used anyway because of swimming lessons.

We had to pay extra for a robe which seemed ridiculous as, although, we had an offer it still cost us nearly £40 each. The cream tea consisted of one scone each which was definitely not home made!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Cathryn7541

Dear Cathryn7541,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that overall you had a lovely stay with us. We have taken your comments about the outside area on baord and we are working with the gardener to ensure we keep all area's to our usual 4star standard. On your next visit check with the leisure reception as we do have adults only swim times which you could make use of during your child free break!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have just come back from a 1 night stay over the Easter weekend at this hotel with my family and we had a fantastic time.
On arrival we were informed that the room booked for 2 adults and 2 children was not suitable so they had given us a free adjoining room with interconnecting doors. This was great as it was like having a suite.

We used the spa and pool which were clean and well kept as always at Q-Hotels

Our evening meal was the highlight of the stay. We were excellently attended to by the staff throughout the meal and the choice and quality of food on offer was fantastic. As we had booked Dinner, Bed and Breakfast the adults had a £26 allowance each and this was enough for 3 courses each. I had a special Haggis starter, the Lamb Shoulder and the Chocolate Fondant and would have been happy if this had been the last meal I ever ate. It was amazing!

Breakfast was of a high standard with a great choice cereals, baked products, fruit and of course a full breakfast.

Overall, it as a really nice stay, the staff were fantastic throughout and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bibblemywibble

Dear Bibblemywibble,
Thank you for leaving your review after your Easter break with us. I am delighted that you were happy with our solution to ensure that your room suited your needs. I have passed on your lovely comments about our food to our Chef.
I am sure we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked this though spa direct as a package which included lunch dinner and breakfast with two treatments for 99. Per person and it was defo worth the money. We arrived at noon to use the spa and pool on arrived we where advised our room was ready and could check in which was nice surprise. We then headed to the pool area for an hour before lunch the bloke who checked us in the pool area was really friendly and provided us with towels pool really spacious also used the steam room again really good size. Headed off to lunch around 1.30 which was buffet style jacket potatoes cooked to perfection and choice of toppings we both had chilli but there a good range. The treatments where amazing so relaxing almost feel sleep! Would recommend the back and neck treatment! Food for both dinner and breakfast where 5 star dining could not fault any part of it. The package allows 26 pound allocation however you can go over and it's added to room bill. We had the lamb dish for mains but they do chicken steaks etc. service was a little slow but I was in no hurry and allowed for us to enjoy a few extra drinks. Would recommend this place if you want to spend some time with you partner is really does relax you!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 84shaz

Dear 84shaz,
Thank you for leaving your review of the hotel. I am really please to hear you had such a relaxing break and were able to make use of all the facilities during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had forgotten that I had stayed at this hotel about 2/3 years ago and vowed never to return. I should have been suspicious as I booked it quite late and it was about the only hotel that had availability within a 30+ mile radius of Liverpool.
I booked one of the junior suites. Huge room pleasantly positioned overlooking the bins and disguarded catering trollies. Dated to the point that my grandmother would have been unhappy at the decor (she is 103) but the worst aspect was that I could hear every single footstep, every single word and every single 'noise' from the room upstairs. The floor boards creaked to the point of distraction and I was almost joining in the conversation with the people upstairs (they were not being loud in any way) and if there was someone below me (I was on the 1st floor), then it would have bee the same for them. ZERO noise reduction between the rooms.
Towels in the bathroom were desperately old and stunk of chemicals (i know they have to clean them, but I nearly passed out at the smell).
Breakfast - I know that it is really difficult to cater for a large amount of people for breakfast, but the food was a disgrace. It was a grease-fest of gartantuan proportions, fried eggs that had been nuked, bacon and sausages in need of perhaps more than 2% pork, scrambled eggs that can only be assumed to be scrambled eggs because it was breakfast time (better suited for a pigs dinner), hash browns that clearly contained anything but potato - and the usual durge of plastic supermarket sliced bread.
If this place is genuinely an AA 4 Star hotel, then it appears we have all been grinded down to accept turgid, belligerently hopeless quality as the norm.
One really good aspect - the bed was very comfortable - but then, one would hope that was the case, being a hotel.

Room Tip: don't stay there, unless you are into audible voyerism.