“Fantastic hotel with great facilities”
Review of The Park Royal

The Park Royal
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stretton
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel last weekend as an anniversary celebration with my boyfriend. We loved it. Check in was smooth and pleasant and we had been allocated a lovely QStar room with minibar, bathrobes, nice toiletries etc. The room was large and clean.

I had a massage in the spa which was great, the therapist was really friendly and it was very relaxing. Afterwards we both used the spa facilities, it was quite busy but that wasn't a problem as the pool is a proper 23m pool and there was space for everyone. There is a nice steam room and sauna and a jacuzzi which were lovely to relax in. I used the gym on the Saturday morning, there are 2 - one for cardio and one for weights, it wasn't too busy and I got all the machines I wanted which was great. We used the pool facilities again on the Saturday afternoon and it was a lot quieter.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was lovely, the £26 allocation you get on a dinner package is plenty for 3 courses and the service was attentive. On the Saturday night we got room service which arrived promptly and was hot and fresh. Breakfast was great both mornings, it's a hot buffet but everything is fresh and there is toast, fruit, yogurt, cereals, muffins, pastries, continental etc. Sunday they were incredibly busy and I had to wait a while for my poached eggs but the staff were great about this.

On the Saturday we went to Chester Zoo and the hotel sorted tickets for us, the zoo is an easy 20/25 minute drive from the hotel.

All in all a fantastic stay in a great hotel!

Room Tip: The QStar rooms are a lovely upgrade for a treat.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear ilovehotels6

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a concise and complimentary review regarding your recent stay at The Park Royal. We were delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and got to use so many of the facilities.
As you mention, the hotel is ideally located for Chester Zoo, however we are also an equal distance from Liverpool and Manchester making us ideal to discover the 3 North West cities.
We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Park Royal

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice hotel close to the Daresbury /Warrington technology park (15 mins drive). general areas and rooms immaculate. Evidence of general refurbishment going on to keep customer areas pristine. breakfast was excellent however the evening meals a little on the pricy side for what was delivered. I had sausage and mash with seasonal greens however they were doused in a strong minty sauce which detracted from the reg. A colleague had a steak which was very stringy. When he raised with waitress he was informed she would speak to the chef. No offer of removal from bill. A pity because it took the shine off an excellent visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear MisterMJL

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and we were delighted to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us.
We were sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your meals and chef is looking into why you would receive mint in with your Sausage and Mash as this isn’t a traditional accompaniment. We started using a local breeder for all of our steaks last year to improve on the quality you get from larger producers, we are sorry that the steaks didn’t live up to their reputation on this occasion and have spoken to the farm regarding this.
We hope that this hasn’t put you off using us in the future and I would ask you to contact me personally on your next visit so I can say hello and apologise personally for the shortfall in standards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just been for a spa day at the Park Royal. All the staff were friendly, professional and helpful. The spa area was really clean and the massage was amazing. The relaxation room was the perfect place to chillout before my treatment.Will definitely be
coming again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear boffchops
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review regarding your recent Spa day at the hotel – your words certainly describe everything we aspire to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon – have you registered on our website for our spa deals? These offer some of the best value.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for just one night on business. It seemed to get a good rating from TA reviewers and was close to where I needed to be.
I had asked in advance for a quiet room and on arrival was told that I had been allocated a room at the back of the hotel.. Seemed like a good idea, until you realise that there is a busy road right behind, and the double glazed sash windows are not very good at reducing noise.
The room was excellent though.
I ate dinner with a colleague in the restaurant and whilst OK, it wasn't really 4 star. The menu read better than the food tasted. I was a bit disappointed. The breakfast was good.
I suspect a room at the front would have been quieter, and if I had eaten out for dinner, as I normally would, I would have rated it much higher; probably 5*.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear tomandtrudy

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of the hotel and we were sorry to hear that we didn’t live up to your expectations. As you mention, we get very good feedback on the hotel usually and I’m sorry that we fell short on this occasion.
We will always endeavour to allocate the room that best matches the needs of all our guests, please be sure to mention at reservation your need for a quiet room and we will endeavour to allocate a room in advance.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in march for a birthday treat. We arrived at 10.30 so we could take full advantage of the spa facilities, and were able to check in to the room straight away which was great. Hotel was lovely and clean. Staff were all friendly. The food in the hotel was Fantastic. Spa treatments were great also some of the best I have had. Would definitely recommend this hotel and shall be back in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Vicky F
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent Spa Break with us and thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
We can’t wait to welcome you back in the near future – have you tried any of our 20 sister hotels? They all have the same emphasis on excellent service and high quality food.
We look forward to welcoming you back, just don’t leave it too long!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Home from a lovely relaxing spa day. Couldn't fault anything. My friend booked it as a groupon deal and we experienced great value for money, the treatments were so very relaxing, and all of the facilities were well presented and kept clean and tidy. Staff all pleasant and polite too. Will definately return for another spa day in future.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ange R

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent Spa Day, we were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable day.
Why not make it that little bit longer and take advantage of one of our overnight Spa Breaks next time?
Either way, we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I brought 12 of my friends here for my hen party, on arrival we were all very impressed with hotel and staff. The room were lovely spacious and clean, the staff friendly and efficient, the spa very clean and comfortable and staff friendly and accomadating with all our needs. The food was excellent although the bar prices a little high but only to be expected in a good hotel. The only issue we had throughout the whole weekend was the Sunday lunch which we pre ordered the service was very slow took us over two hours to be served the three courses and every course they manged to get something wrong 4 of us didn't get our main course until after the rest of our party had finished there's . Overall though we had an amazing time and wouldn't hesitate in coming again ( which we will) and recommend it to our friends too. Thank you x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Andiloch

Thank you for your kind words regarding your Hen party at the hotel and the way that you were looked after by the team during your stay. Please accept my apologies for the issues you faced during Sunday Lunch – I’m delighted that this didn’t take away from an otherwise excellent weekend.
We wish you all the best for your wedding day – why not bring your new husband with you on your next stay for a relaxing weekend?
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Paul

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stretton
Crewe Hall
Hallmark Hotel Warrington
Hallmark Hotel Warrington
#10 of 21 in Warrington
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to The Park Royal? Share your experiences!