“Clean , welcoming and comfortable lovely pool” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Park Royal
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stretton
warwickshire
“Clean , welcoming and comfortable lovely pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Park royal is a welcoming hotel with a lovely pool and steam room.

Staff are helpful and friendly , food reasonably priced and tasty.

Well worth joining the breakaway club. Discounted stays at all of the q hotels on a Sunday .

Park royal is just having all new gym equitment it will be fantastic

Staff on reception, Megan, pam, Sam and Garth very helpful. Plus others.

Megan ensured I had my soft pillows .

Any problems Paul the manager will be eager to resolve. ( not that I can complain)

Lots of people are regulars at this hotel. One of the best in the area.

Spa has espa products , Jessica for nail. Best to book in advance as they get very busy.

Would recommend a spa day .

Good location for M6 and. M56 .

I will be back next week !

Room Tip: I like 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank susan1warwickshire
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear susan1warwickshire,
Thank you for such a kind review of the hotel - it certainly means alot coming from someone who stays with us so regularly. For the team to get personal mentions means alot as well and thank you for recognising them.
We'll look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back next week!
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed over night here with friends for a hen do.
The hotel was lovely and clean, towels were of a good quality and the room was well equipped.
The staff were polite and helpful.
Breakfast was very good. Buffet style but plenty of choice and we all enjoyed it.
We didn't get time to use the spa but it did look lovely.
I would stay here again and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lancs7
Thank you for leaving such a positive review of your stay at The Park Royal, we were delighted to read your kind words. We hope that we can welcome you back soon, make sure you leave enough time to visit the spa next time though!!
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean but could do with a little updating. Staff were polite and could not do enough. However my bathroom had a bad odour which i submitted a survey and the hotel promptly responded to apologise and offer a complimentary upgrade for my next visit. Will give this another go.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear mseet
Thank you for your review and also for allowing us the opportunity to show that we can get things right by allowing us another opportunity to look after you. We are sure you will enjoy your next stay with us
taipei
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent spa and indoor pool with sauna and steam rooms, very clean. Room very old and outdated, old wooden furniture, curtains hanging off the rails, small windows that hardly opened and no aircon so the room was very stuffy. No tea or coffee making facilities but the bed was comfy with good quality linens. The food was a major letdown, and with some quite shocking prices (16.50 for a small chicken breast) considering the poor quality ingredients and poorly executed cooking. Arancini had almost no rice just some gooey cheap mozzarella, everything was covered in sea salt and both potatoes and veggies overcooked. However they took everything back without question and finally I had the simple grilled chicken. Wine also was overpriced, not chilled enough and served in cheap, thick and heavy glasses. I would not return as the price of everything was way beyond the room comfort and food quality,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Madfish8
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of the hotel on tripadvisor. We were sorry to read that your experience didnt quite match the high standards that we expect from the hotel and hope that doesn't put you off using us again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel and the staff couldn't do enough, the hotel is fabulous. However, food is definitely overpriced, basic and served cold, your better off walking to local pub to eat. I did complain, and it was dealt with, but the quality of food leaves a lot to be desired.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
PGallon_General_Mgr, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Trace M
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of the hotel. We were delighted to hear that we got the service and comfort right although disappointed to see that we let you down with the food. We strive to offer the best quality at all times, however have to admit that we do get it wrong on occassions. I was glad to read that your issues were dealt with and we do hope that this wouldnt put you off using us again in the future. Should you wish to discuss in further detail please do call me directly at the hotel.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband son and I stayed at the Park Royal as we were attending a party nearby.
We booked a family room which was spotlessly clean, with extra towels and toiletries for my son.
The room looked out over the gardens which are lovely.
We used the leisure facilities which are excellent.
We had lunch in the bar in the hotel, the food was great, we had nachos, chicken wings, salt and paper squid and some fries. Even though this was just bar food it was delicious and also a very good price, we also spoke to some of the staff, they were all very friendly. A gentleman called Callum was a really nice guy, we had a nice chat with him. It is lovely to visit a hotel where the staff are so friendly.
The following morning we had breakfast, everything was really nice and very organised and even though the staff were very busy they were all very attentive and smiling.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
I cannot wait for an excuse to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear pdlamb
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us. It was great to hear that you had such a good stay and Calum was delighted to get a personal mention.
We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future
bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Bit of a delay in writing this review, as been planning my major holiday of the year, but felt I must get round to it as it was excellent, and the offer I went on is still available, Pink Fizz, which is a spa break offering a fab overnight stay and includes 2 course lunch, 3 course dinner, 2 x 30 min or 1 x 60 min treatment per person, and full breakfast! This was brilliant value, £200 for two of us, when you compare a mere spa day for two? Service was excellent, starting with a telephone call the day before from the Spa reception to check the treatments we wanted, advise we had use of leisure facilities from 9am on the day, yes, 9 am, not after we checked in, and if there was anything else I needed to know. It certainly made me feel like they were expecting us!!
Lunch was booked before checking in time, so, Spa receptionist showed us what & where everything was, before personally taking us to lunch location. Lunch was quite substantial 2 courses (though described as light on offer details) and tasty.
After lunch we were able to check in to our room (slightly early) where the Pink Fizz (included) on offer was in ice. Coffee on tray is not merely little sachets of Kenco here!
Room and bathroom both clean and look great, my only slight concern is inability lock patio doors....
After a guick slurp of fizz, time to go for our treatments....my friend loved it soooo much, she is now definately converted to this spa whole experience!!
Following the spa we used the pool facilities, the only query I would have is 'disabled' changing room is probably not checked and stocked as regularly as 'normal' changing rooms, but this is just a minor quibble.
After a full day of chilling and being spoilt, time for a 3 course dinner! Very impressive menu choice, and delicious!! We stayed late and lingered at our table, but staff are friendly and polite.
I don't remember how I slept but I think reasonable, and next morning, breakfast was a very good range, too.
Overall, my friend and I had a fab time though we did go on a Sunday, so I think that avoided weddings and family do's that go on, which perhaps would have made a different experience?
Anyhow, I thought the Pink Fizz package was fantastic value, especially when you think how much spa treatments/day costs, or even a decent 3 course meal in a very, very nice restaurant.
I have just persuaded another friend of mine that is a good deal, so will shortly be booking another Pink Fizz break, just at a different Q Hotel, who I have never heard of before, and become a member so I can be notified early of offers!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear twotsit
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of The Park Royal and for the kind words you had regarding your stay. We were delighted to read that you were looked after so well and that you have already booked to stay in one of our 20 sister hotels. I hope that wont stop you coming back to join us soon though!
Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stretton
Crewe Hall
Village Hotel Warrington
Village Hotel Warrington
#11 of 21 in Warrington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,508 reviews

Been to The Park Royal? Share your experiences!