“Enjoy Good Food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Antelope Hotel
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Good food, (succulent chicken and home made barbeque sauce).
Great, friendly and helpful service. Welcoming and great value.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

make no mistake this hotel is basic, what do you expect for £22-50 a night. The booking was a room only but you could make toast in the morning if you wished plus tea or coffee. The bar meals were of a very good size and I couldn't fault. I stayed 3 nights as working in the area and the meals did satisfy. The staff I found very friendly, as were many of the other guests yes the place was cold but you can live with it when everybody is of the same mind, as a place to stop whilst working I'd say yes as a place to stop whilst on holiday then no, I have paid more per night in places and got a lot worse, but don't expect too much.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We called in The Antelope as we were passing through the village on our way home. Over the years we have passed many times but never been in it but because we saw that the Real Ale trail was taking place we thought we'd give it a try.
We entered through the bar and first appearances were not good. It was dismal and dark inside. After buying drinks we asked for the restaurant and found it in a conservatory at the end of the building. It was clean and bright. We didn't have to wait too long for the menu. We ordered fish and chips and lasagne with garlic bread. We didn't have to wait too long for the food to come. When we order hot food we expect it to be served on hot plates. The plates were cold. The lasagne was hot as were the fish and chips. The salad garnish didn't look too inviting, so when asked if we would like any sauces I asked for a salad dressing. I was told I could have some mint sauce as she didn't think they had any salad dressing. I expressed my surprise at the suggestion that mint sauce would go with a salad, however she returned with some French Dressing. The chips served with the fish were dry and had been kept warm for some time and I suspect they came from a servery in the next room to the conservatory. We only paid £10 for the food so I guess a complaint sounds churlish. However, we often call in the Red Lion in Northop and eat there -2 courses for 2 for £12 and the fish and chips there are freshly cooked and served on hot plates-there is no comparison so that will be our first and last visit to the Antelope, sorry!