“Better than the Great Barrier Reef”
Review of Jewel Bubble Divers - CLOSED

Jewel Bubble Divers
Private
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 235 helpful votes
“Better than the Great Barrier Reef”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Taveuni, Fiji was only a stop over between Australia and Samoa just for the diving. Jewel Bubble Divers ensured it was worth the time and effort. I had left the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) deeply disappointed and a bit jaded about scuba diving. I was considering saving the money and scratching diving from the remainder of my trip until Taveuni. I had not even heard of this outfit. When I mentioned that I wanted to go diving to my accommodation host, he immediately brought me here. Locals know best.

I was warmly received and properly geared up for the trip that day. Bali and Frank were excellent at reading the strengths and weaknesses of their divers and ensuring a beautiful dive. I am a nervous diver, especially when I learned I would have to do my first reverse entry. After I flipped in, Frank was right next to me to calm me down and insist we descend together. I was good down under and he left me to enjoy the dive.

And it was spectacular. Jewel Bubble Divers take you to the best spots that the ocean conditions allow that day. For us, it was Rainbow's End and the Small White Wall. The reef was more than I envisioned. I saw my first octopus and Frank showed me coral that changes color. Of course there was the usual shark and tropical fish traffic. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the soft coral along the wall. Most of all, I enjoyed being able to focus on the dive. Don't let the simplicity of Taveuni fool you, these local Fijians are experienced divers and just good people.

Quilele, the shop owner, and his wife warmly welcomed me to their Garden Island. They ensured that my first visit will not be my last. I look forward to seeing them in the near future. I would like more of that delicious dessert. Perhaps on the next visit, I can bring a dessert of my own to share.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank CuriousTrvl

Parsippany, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly people for awesome dive”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We just dived 4 times with jewel bubbles. In Taveuni you ll find great dive sites (the ledge, great white wall, jack s place). Fishes and soft corals everywhere, going through tunnels, sharks, and cherry on the cake, delicious home made #crepes# or #pancakes# between two dives...
Gear was excellent, they pick you up where you re staying so perfect.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Pier H
The Sea Ranch, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worlds best scuba diving: Taveuni Island, Fiji w/ Jewel Bubble Divers”
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I just returned from Taveuni Fiji. I burned 6 tanks on 3 boat dives to Rainbow reef with Jewel Bubble Divers at their new location. The first dive was to the swim-thru caves and the famous White wall with Dive master and owner Qio. Pronounced "Gueeo". The boat was custom made for diving, covered, fast and comfortable with a powerfull 4 stroke outboard. the ride to the dive spot was about 35minutes. The 2 other crew were very competent, helpful and friendly. Bo drove the boat and Cireli handled the second deck hand position. I felt completly comfortable and safe using their regulators, BCD and weightbelts. I freedive much much more than scuba..so their regulators were newer than mine. We were picked up and dropped of at our resort every day. I was also able to dive Annies Bommies, The corner, and the Purple Wall . The purple wall was the best for me.
My life partner Kathleen (70) had not scuba dove in 10 years and was able to experience the fantastic purple wall with me. That day we had a different DM. His name was Psi and he was extremely attentive to Kathleen so we could all enjoy the experience. Kathleen & I burned 2 tanks using their equipment and computers and had no trouble at all. On my second day diving Bo was the DM and Jen was first mate and we enjoyed ourselves during and between dives . We were served hot coffee or tea and snacks during the surface interval.
I would highly recommend Jewel Bubble divers and Rainbow reef Tanuini Fiji diving to anyone. Snorkeling was almost as fantastic but equally as enjoyable. This was definatly the best dives of my life. We also chartered for a 4 hour trolling trip and landed a 40# dogtooth tuna and a 30# Wahoo.
I have been to San Benitos and Guadelupe and San Carlos Mexico as well as many Peace Aquatics livaboard boat dives at the channel islands Ca. I have been diving since 1968 and certified in 1983.
P.S. In conversing between tanks I was told about a diver that was severly disabled and was taken tank diving by them while holding on to two divemasters while diving! Paraplegic Diving anyone?
Johnsweetie,