“Great Room”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Obetz
Reviewed 25 June 2013

For the price you can't beat it. There is a lot of construction going on around there and the places to eat are very limited, but 10 minutes up the road is Grove City and there are plenty of places to dine. If you're looking for a place to stay in Obetz, this would be the place. I've stayed at the Quality Inn and it's not that great, avoid it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Deb I, VP at Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Thousands read these Trip Advisor reviews every day. More and more travelers are selecting their hotel based on what the customer is saying and not the name of the hotel. We will continue to try and provide the customer service people want. A few will take the time to let us know how we are doing. It is the only way we can improve. Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is my second time in this hotel and I have no reason to ever look anywhere else when I'm in the Columbus area. The folks at the desk are always nice, the bed is one of the best, the bathroom is great with nice towels and a non-slip tub, the breakfast is great with hardboiled eggs, packets of oatmeal, yogurt, etc.. my usual breakfast at hotels. Everything was spot on here and there are a couple of places to eat (fast food) within walking distance with much more only a short drive away.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ScottyG777
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Hello,
We stayed in the hotel for two days and it was wonderful. The room was clean, including the bathroom. The beds were comfortable and looked nice. The complimentary morning continental breakfast was diverce and had many options. We got complimentary shampoo, shower gel and lotion and when we asked for more they willingly gave them. We told the girl behind the reception desk and when we left in the morning, she wished us well at the concert. The jacuzzi was great and the pool was warm and very clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Wonderful room and the jaduzzi was awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This hotel is nice. I like the room. We stayed in 204...the only problem with that room is the A/C unit makes noises while running on high cool. I had to cover my head with a pillow so I wouldn't here it. It was annoying. :( Other than that pretty good. We ordered pizza from Possum Holler Pizza. Which was ok but not the best. I also order a salad but the guy that brought it said he gave it to someone else that ordered pizza, I guess. Anyway, the guy went back to get another salad from the shop he said. When I finally received it it was good. There is not a restaurant at the hotel. There is a Taco Bell and a Arbys within walking distance. We ate at Taco Bell last night and order pizza the second night.

Who designs the hotels? Why can't all the rooms have a nice garden view or a view of the parking lot. However, I would much rather see a garden view. First hotel for me to see lucky bamboo in the room. They have lucky bamboo sitting on the computer desk. I thought that was cute and a nice touch to the room. :))

Room Tip: Well 204's A/C unit makes noise while on high cool and it makes the floor wet. Oh and the windo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This motel is new and much nicer than you'd expect from a comfort inn which normally sits at the lower end of the national chain motels. Its got a weird modern design, almost Bauhaus, it feels more like a eurohotel than a small town texas hotel. The free breakfast is hot and has a lot of items, more like a Homewood or holiday inn express. The workout room is also much nicer than your typical small town motel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tony H
Reviewed 21 April 2013

A sort of recurring theme with this Comfort Inn: not everything is what it seems! We arrived on a Wednesday evening only to discover our room didn't have a bureau with drawers (for us to unpack our clothes into) and when we complained the woman at the front desk acted as if that was not at all unusual, explaining all of their rooms are that way, and adding no one had ever complained before--that is, in the three days she said she'd been working there. But, after checking, it seemed for something like $50 more a night we could move to one of their suites, which did indeed have bureaus with drawers. We declined and were planning to move the next day when that same night another hotel rep we complained to found us a better room for the same price, just a few doors down the hall, equipped with everything we'd expected, including a bathroom without the poorly patched hole and as moldy a smell as the first room had. I was willing to give them a pass on all that, plus the other little things that bothered us during our stay (including hot water that strangely went from scorchingly hot to cool and back again without warning at times, breakfast items missing from the buffet some mornings, and so on). But after returning home from our trip, I realized I'd likely left my cell phone charging cord in the bathroom outlet and before I had time to contact them I received an email asking how our stay had been and giving me what seemed an option to email the hotel directly with any questions or feedback. Given the late hour, I took that option and forgot about the cord until two days later when I received an email back from "HotelHelp" explaining my message hadn't gone to that particular Comfort Inn as I had assumed and I needed to phone the hotel, which I did but not before asking why "HotelHelp" hadn't simply forwarded my message or at least gotten back to me sooner. I didn't really expect a reply, thinking now my charging cord was likely lost forever, but I did look for something more after phoning the hotel, giving the rep my name, room number and home phone and hearing her promise she would get back to me shortly. But a day or so later I was forced to call again and this time spoke to a woman who was immediately able to assure me without any further info (like name, room number, etc.) that no cord had been found since she said she was the one responsible for keeping track of such items. And, yes, maybe she is. Or not. I really don't know at this point what to believe but I'm definitely not going back to that hotel again (or perhaps any Comfort Inn) and it really does make you wonder!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Our stay was very nice. Clean, comfortable room. Excellent staff. Breakfast could have been better but was edible and hot. We are however still having an issue. We were over charged by one day and are having a difficult time receiving the appropriate refund. We are also having an issue trying to get an e-mail response from the assistant manager about this issue. She apparently thinks the matter is settled. If we get the matter resolved to our satisfaction we would stay there again but pay extra, extra attention to how we are charged and whom we deal with. I am a Comfort Inn employee in Utah and am somewhat disappointed that I am having this issue.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Obetz
Quality Inn & Suites South/Obetz
#1 of 5 in Lancaster
19 mi away
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus/Rickenbacker

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbus South - Obetz? Share your experiences!