I booked a single room by www.booking.com The price was 120£ including breakfast and Internet. When I came to the hotel, the friendly young lady in the reception told me that they had tried to reach me by e-mail because they had only one room left (no 29) close to the reception and it was different compared with the room I had booked.
The lady showed me the room. I could smell detergent in the small dark room. The lady told me that I could cancel the reservation but as I had seen from my car several B&B offers in the municipality with a “No vacancy”sign outside, I asked them to reduce the price. So they did. I got the room for 80£ including Internet and breakfast.
Unfortunately I couldn’t sleep that night. The bed was too hard, it smelled too much detergent, it was too much noise leakage from other guests. And the breakfast? It was OK but not more than that.
At the hotel’s nice homepage I read: “One of the most desirable hotels in the Scottish Highland”. I hardly believe that because I have seen hotels in the region much better than this! But the homepage wants to introduce the hotel as luxuary but the hotel is a three star property. However, room no 29 is absolutely only a two star room and closer to one star than three. So offer this room for 80£ is to exploit the situation that it’s not enough with rooms in this part of Scotland in August. So if they had charged 50£ for that room, it had been a normal price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings lies alongside the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune's Staircase. One of Fort William's finest establishments, The Moorings offers excellent cuisine and service. With splendid panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mor, Moorings Hotel offers comfort and modern facilities. Here, you will receive a warm Highland welcome from friendly staff. The Moorings offers award-winning cuisine in Neptune's Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. Bar meals are available in the less formal Upper Deck Lounge Bar, where a range of malt whiskies may be sampled. In the summer, the Mariners Cellar Bar features a nautical theme. The refurbished bedrooms have every modern luxury. The Moorings is an excellent base for touring the romantic West Highlands. We offer all of our guests a complimentary round of golf at Fort William Golf Course and free use of our Fitness Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Moorings Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings Hotel Fort William
- The Moorings Hotel Banavie, Scotland